My strategy for saving power

Here is my strategy for saving power on long and short flights.

Low power mode on (in device settings)

All graphics setting on low

Screen brightness at the lowest

Sound off

Battery saving mode on (ingame settings)

Whats your strategy? Let me know?

8 Likes

I just plug my cell phone to charger and use in-game power saving mode, that’s all.

13 Likes

With an iPhone 7, it drops battery really quick. 25% in 15 minutes while doing ATC. That’s why I always plug it up while I control.

4 Likes

Beleive it or not, my biggest strategy for not only saving power but for ensuring it remains on has nothing to do with Infinite Flight or the settings of the device relating to the performance of infinite flight Itself!
My strategy is turning on Guided Access, a system on IOS that is geared towards putting more short-term restrictions on your device. I make sure that the settings on this show that all possible device inputs are ignored by the device during the flight: All buttons, touches, movements, you name it; will have zero impact on my flight! It’s amazing! The most common time I’ll use this is when flying a night flight and I’m worried somebody will wake up before me and conflict with something regarding my flight (most of the time by accident), or when I am very active and about with my device near me, and I’m protecting against any unwanted movements of my phone, buttons being pressed, etc (which could result in the flight being affected). This also saves power because since my device gets locked on lowest brightness, even the smartest hacker in the world wouldn’t be able to crack my whopping twelve digit passcode to change the brightness levels or settings.

4 Likes

Got a couple Anker portable chargers I use, never need to worry about it.

2 Likes

On Android actually have Power Saving Mode… and also in Game too

1 Like

Don’t keep low power mode (in your device settings I mean) cause it will destroy your battery

1 Like

What device do you use and how long of a flight can you pull on this set up?

Unfortuneately for my 11 pro max I run full graphics but will use IF batt saver and IOS power saver, lowest screen brightness and use my old 5W apple charger so it isn’t over charged while doing long hauls, because the 20W/18W chargers on long hauls degraded my battery 3-5% within a month, stupid I was. On a full battery i’ll usually be able to fly a trans american flight and be left with 10%

1 Like

I use an iPad air 4, with the teqnuice i listed. i can last pretty long. I one flew a 10 hour flight and didnt need to charge (i had 11 procent left)

1 Like

Good to know, thanks!

1 Like

I literally bought a USB-C charger just to play IF haha.

2 Likes

Personally, I have all settings on max, and I reduce brightness after reaching cruise alt. I have my device plugged in so no trouble with the battery dying, I just dim during cruise to save the screen.

1 Like

On Android, make sure you have where the battery only charges to 85%, after that play it plugged in (Android tablet only) phones don’t have this feature.

1 Like

Active the Low Power Mode on game settings and then to set the graphics and resolution to low. It is a good way to prevent the device overheating.

1 Like

Ikr I’m the exact same till I moved to the iPad, the IPhone 7s battery is doesn’t last at all

2 Likes

I just turn off anti-aliasing and I’m pretty sure I got low power setting on as well

2 Likes

Brightness at lowest setting, sound off, low saving power mode. Rinse and repeat 🙏🏾

2 Likes