My Second Discovery Flight

Hello!

I recently started a YouTube channel. I’ve loved aviation since I was 2, and I took my first discovery flight last August to end my Florida summer vacation, and it only grew my passion for commercial aviation. On 11-11-23, I decided to take another one, here in New York. The flight school, Farmingdale aviation, located at Farmingdale republic airport. Their fleet mainly consists of archers, but I was lucky enough to fly their singular Cessna 172. Check out the video! At the bottom of is the YouTube short link if you’d just like to see my landing. In the full video, you’ll be able to see me communicating with Republic ground! We also did a stall test, which was great.

18 Likes

Cool! Quick question though, they let you land the plane? I remember on my first discovery flight they would only let me take off and do some maneuvers on the air. And then while landing the flight instructor took control

2 Likes

This is my second discovery flight, the instructor knows I am very knowledgeable, I’ve done there full motion simulators three times, I have 2.4 flight hours, I brought my infinite flight logbook I use for fun, my real one, and I didn’t land alone, he was shadowing my movements.

2 Likes

Ohhh okay, very nice man! Keep on going, more and more experience and soon you’ll be able to do it on your own 💪🏽

2 Likes

Awsome! Just make sure you keep the eyes forward right as you touchdown haha

2 Likes

Lol, i only did that because we where floating a bit, I was looking at the tire to see how high we where.

1 Like

This is wild.

3 Likes

Yes, I also showed one of the schools managers. He said I am ready for the airlines 🤣

1 Like

you in AIG? not even I can do that, and I’m still AIG

Not going to lie I had to look up AIG but do you mean the aircraft insurance company? Not sure how that would be related honestly.

2 Likes

Idk what that is either lol

1 Like

For you fine American gents, (and anyone outside who has no idea) AIG refers to Academically, Intellectually, Gifted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.