My review of iPhone 6 & iPhone 8 Plus using Infinite Flight

Below is only my personal unprofessional opinion in regards to using Infinite Flight on the iPhone 6 (regular, not the Plus model) & the iPhone 8 Plus model.

I hope this can provide some assistance if you’re thinking about possibly upgrading to an iPhone 6 or even the iPhone 8 Plus.

*side-note if any of you notice any incorrect grammar, spelling and/or specific technical specifications that are not proper please feel free to notify me. I’ll change them as soon as possible.

My first iPhone was the iPhone 6 I purchased when it first came out in September of 2014. It was the first iPhone to have the HD Retina Display. Below are some specifications of the iPhone 6. Later in this post I’ll have a comparison to the iPhone 8 Plus & how much better the iPhone 8 Plus works with Infinite Flight.

Display~
Screen: 4.7 inches
Resolution: 1334x750
PPI: 326
Color Gamut: Full sRGB
Contrast Ratio: 1400:1
Max Brightness: 500 cd/m2

RAM: 1 GB LPDDR3
Processor(s): 1.4 GHz dual-core 64bit
Graphics: 4 Core
M8 motion compressor
Storage Options: 16/32/64/128GB

Battery: 1810 mA.h

Weight: 129 grams/4.6 oz.

Speaker(s): 1

Original Full Retail Price When Released: $649-$849

Side-note* the iPhone 6 worked great and sometimes it would slow down and the graphics were good. But when I very recently upgraded to the iPhone 8 Plus, oh my boy I’m a kid in a candy store (more on that later)

Technical Specifications For The iPhone 8 Plus & how much better when compared to the iPhone 6:

Display~
Screen: 5.5 inches
Resolution: 1920x1080 [full HD 1080p vs 720p HD]
PPI: 401 [23% better resolution]
Color Gamut: Wide Color (P3) [25% more colors & more accurate]
Contrast Ratio: 1300:1 [8% less contrast ratio]
Max Brightness: 625 cd/m2 [25% brighter]
True Tone [more accurate white & brightness]

RAM: 3 GB LPDDR4 [3 times more RAM & a bit faster too]
Processor(s): ? Currently unknown ?GHz 6-core 64bit bionic [it’s the fastest processor ever made by Apple in an iPhone & any smartphone]
Graphics: 6 Core
[Embedded] M11 motion compressor
Storage Options: 64/256GB

Battery: 2675 mA.h

Weight: 202 grams/7.1 oz.

Speaker(s): Stereo Speakers [2 speakers & 25% deeper bass]

Original Full Retail Price When Released: $799/$949

Side-note* I tried the highest graphic settings, anti-aliasing etc. on Infinite Flight w/ the iPhone 8 Plus & wow! Even the HD 737-800 looked like the 4K 787 plane did! I’m completely shocked & amazed! The textures & colors are absolutely awesome!

I’m really looking forward to global because if the non-global looks this great on the planes & ground/grass/runways then Global must be basically life like!
I recently renewed my yearly subscription earlier this month. Thank you Infinite Flight for such an amazing app & making an aviation geek such a happy dude!
God Bless!

-Jason

P.S. the only suggestion I have is from a previous post from another user that I linked below (I’m experiencing the same thing as well):

7 Likes

Good to hear you’re happy with your devices!