My quest to control every major airport in all the countries in my assigned ATC region (EU West)

Thanks!

It depends on the day… On weekdays I usually control at 14:00Z or/and at 19:00Z. In the weekends at 9:00Z or later.

1 Like

Today, May 3rd, I controlled Oslo Gardermoen (ENGM), in Norway, as GTS.

Fun fact: Oslo is the economic and governmental centre of Norway. The city is also a hub of Norwegian trade, banking, industry and shipping.

Current progress:

2 Likes

I’m attempting to do the same thing.

My region is Canada. :troll:

1 Like

Today, May 5th, I controlled Aalborg (EKYT). Nice little airport situated in Denmark, near the capital, Copenaghen.

Fun fact: The citizens of Aalborg have several times been rated as the happiest people in Europe.

Current progress:

2 Likes

@DannyHL !!!

Today, May 6th, I controlled my home airport Milano-Malpensa (LIMC), in Italy.

Fun fact: Milan is the economic heart of Italy. Many headquarters of the financial industry are based in Milan. The city is known for its thriving fashion industry. And some of the world’s famous artworks, such as Da Vinci’s famous painting last supper are on display in Milan.

Current progress:

4 Likes

10-5-2021

Today I controlled Stockholm’ secondary airport, Stockholm-Bromma (ESSB), in Sweden.

Fun fact: Stockholm is a city of contrasts. Trends in music, design, fashion, and technology are born here, and innovations that spread worldwide are invented here.

Current progress:

2 Likes

12&13-05-2021

Yesterday and today I controlled Helsinki Vantaa (EFHK), main airport in Finland and Munich Airport (EDDM), second-busiest airport in Germany (with 3D buildings).

Fun fact about Finland and Germany:

• There are more than 3 million saunas in Finland.

• 65% of the highways in Germany (Autobahn) have no speed limit.

Current progress:

1 Like

15-5-2021

Today I controlled the most famous airport in the Austrian alps, Innsbruck (LOWI).

Fun fact: Innsbruck has its own zoo called “Alpen Zoo”, which is located at the highest altitude in Europe.

Current progress:

1 Like