My personal opinion on IFVARB

Hi everyone,

• WARNING - MY PERSONAL OPINION *

I know this is a very sensitive and controversial topic but shouldn’t IFVARB be encouraging a few VA’s under another airlines name? Yes it may seem silly but wouldn’t it help increase competition which leads to greater advances in Virtual Airline software and better features? I understand many people will disagree here but isn’t the whole point of IFVARB to increase VA’s and build the experience.

You mean have several Delta VAs, American VAs, etc? That would get way to confusing trying to figure out which VA is which. I think how it is set up now is great.

1 Like

VA’s under the same airline but just under a different name for example AAL Virtual, and American virtual. If that makes sense?

Yeah there’s no purpose for that. VAs would have too little people if there were 5 VAs for each real airline.

3 Likes

I imagine there would be like 10+ British Airways VA

2 Likes

I feel like plagiarism would be another issue as well. If there were multiple Delta VA’s or multiple American VA’s, it would be hard to make them all different from each other and people will only want to join the VA that would be more well known. I just don’t see it working in my opinion

1 Like

Yes but that makes they will compete against each other which will lead to better Amy greater feautures for example. Eg there are many rocket companies but look at SpaceX for example. They are always innovating to compete!

There’s enough completion between VAs already.

3 Likes

Another thing is that there wouldn’t be any unique airlines and if somebody says “I’m in DLVA” then the other person would be confused and need to ask which DLVA. You know what I mean?

2 Likes

Yeah I totally agree with you there. There are a lot of VA options these days and there’s no need to make multiple big carrier VA’s. If we had a limited livery selection on IF, then this idea would be better.

2 Likes

Personally I disagree, would you do for an American VA which has ACARS or would you go for another similar VA without ACARS?

Lol I see that you took what I said on the Discord

1 Like

@Eric_Dedicke actually I didn’t see that yet…but just noticed it after I posted here

1 Like

I understand where your coming from. It’s almost like having a ripoff version of something. People work super hard to have their VA strive and they are proud of the name. Having other VAs basically steal their operation plans since it’s under the same airline and fleet can negatively affect VA experience and may lead to people being hesitant to start a VA. I know I’d be hesitant if someone can make another version of ASVA under a different name.

7 Likes

But then if someone claims an airlines name and are not innovating. What’s the point of that VA? Multiple VA’s will help support IFVARB

BAVA would still win Best VA regardless, so I see no purpose.

4 Likes

In all seriousness, there are plenty more airlines to choose from…go out and explore! The luxury of the VA world and Infinite Flight is that there are so many options for you that may not be possible in the real world, so take advantage of those opportunities.

3 Likes

Use Wikipedia…lol

1 Like

How is it a rip of version though? They are using the same operation but may have different systems etc. Innovation is what brings IFVARB forward.

And what are those systems under? Their operation plan.

1 Like