My NorthWest Airlines Pin

Hello everyone, Last year I flew to Boston. One of the legs was Salt Lake City to Minneapolis on a Delta A320. At the end of that flight I was invited into the cockpit. I met the captain and told him I loved aviation. He said he would give one of those cheap plastic wings. He looked in his bag and he didn’t have any. Instead he gave this North West Airlines tail pin. He said his friend was a NWA pilot and he gave this to him.

As far as I can tell it is gold or at least gold plated and it’s in really good condition. I looked it up on ebay and although there are a lot of NWA tail pens, none of them look like this.

This is definitely one of my favorite aviation possessions. Do you have any airline pins? What do you think of this one?

14 Likes

If I did have one I’d probably forget about it in half a day since it’s small

5 Likes

The pen is for scale.

it looks nice …could @jasonrosewell start an if badge or pin kinna stuff so that i could flaunt in school?

1 Like

Ha… that would be cool. Not sure I’d move many of them though.

2 Likes

A Copa Airlines captain gifted me this after he retired.

4 Likes

Mabey you could sell Flight cast

Wow! That is so cool, I’m amazed he didn’t want to keep it.

1 Like

He told me have more😂

1 Like

I have a Cathay 50 key ring

Those pins are special. Usually the airline gives them to workers who have completed a certain amount of years with the airline. For pilots those pins usually are used as status symbols of where they rank among the crop in the airline.

1 Like

Are you talking about my pin?

Yes. Lapel pins like those are given to pilots who reach a certain status in the airline.

2 Likes

What’s Cathay 50?

I think, I will see if I can find it

2 Likes

I have a Boeing 777 pins (a pilot for Emirates gave it to me)

1 Like

Can you show it to me?

1 Like

Here it is ;-) Sigled by Boeing Company

4 Likes

I have a small Delta pin that I got on my first flight. I was 6 years old then, and I still treasure it.