My new IF video

I landed this Virgin Australia B737-800 at Canberra in 51 knot crosswinds. Comment what you think and please to like, comment, and subscribe to my channel because I upload a lot! Comment what you think!

7 Likes

Props to you for trying, great camera angle, passengers will need emergency spine surgery.

Edit: In summary, unless Virgin Australia pilots… never mind

“Professional” probably isn’t the right word to use lol

10 Likes

Yeah it wasn’t the smoothest but at least we lived, right?!

1 Like

And to follow onto what @Yacht said… What is it with everyone using awful, free distribution music for their videos? You’d have done better with something calm, maybe instrumental. The music just stopped me taking it seriously. As soon as I heard it.
Sorry

1 Like

It’s alright. Sorry. I will not add music, I just need to find a screen recorder that doesn’t record stupid external sound because then it sounds like crap. I used to just not have any sound in my videos though. Do you know a good screen recorder? I use an Android.

I changed the title to EXTREMELY HARD, not PROFESSIONAL. Sorry about the mistake.

1 Like

I’m not sure man that looked like some nasty g force and whiplash for the passengers. Neck injury risk. Again, ridiculously strong winds, I don’t think I could’ve done much better.

1 Like

I use DU recorder personally, you can set it to not record any external sounds 🙂

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duapps.recorder

Runs well on most devices

1 Like

Yeah, that was like tropical storm winds. I basically had the phone flat on the ceiling when trying to flare, it just wouldn’t budge. Hard, very hard.

the sound will come clear?

It says that it doesn’t record internal sound on Android anymore. In currently searching goggle play for one that records internal sound.

For high crosswinds landing, the best would be to touch the ground at a very low speed.

1 Like

For a 738, should I go at around 110 knots?

It’s way too low low, I’d say max a 135kts

1 Like

Landing at higher speeds makes your aircraft bounce

1 Like

Ok, Ill try that.

Nice movie! It looks really dangerous! 😮

2 Likes

Thank you! The landing was very hard.

2 Likes

well handled, was definitely not an ez landing

1 Like

no sir, it was not easy