My love for FDS

I want to start this thread by telling you how much every single pilot here means to me. But first a bit of a backstory.
On December 18th, 2015 my baby brother age 7 died. It tore me into a billion pieces and I have never been put back together again. He was my everything my reason for living. We were the closest. I feel he has taken a part of me with him. So I vividly remember trying to find something to occupy my thoughts other then recent events.
Lol I went into the App Store, determined on finding a decent flight sim (since flying on simulators seemed to calm me down). I saw this app called “Infinite Flight”. I thought it looked decent till I saw it cost money and I was like “nope I ain’t paying a cent”!
I finally (after three months or so) gave in and purchased it. I was sure it was going to be a huge failure and I was going to have wasted money and was going to feel even worse. But something incredible happened. I flew in KLAX on (what was then called Free Flight) server. I remember sitting in my chair just gazing at my aircraft in front of me (a southwest 737). The texture and livery were amazing. I marveled at how realistic it looked. Then I saw another aircraft taking off so I watched that! The takeoff role and positive climb looked so real at first (and this is dead honest) I thought I was watching real planes taking off. Like a drone or something.
Ever since then I have played this simulator to my hearts content. It has been one of the few solid foundations in my life. It has kept me occupied and continues to thrill me every single flight. The graphics are real the physics are accurate. My dad who is a space engineer tried it out and said he couldn’t believe i finally found a decent simulator for mobile platform.

So that’s my story. I found a flight simulator that could take me away from my grieving and into the sky, leaving my worries behind and just letting me release my anxiety into the giant globe.

I know we aren’t supposed to tag developers but I have to! @Laura and @philippe your simulator has kept me sane. It has kept me from losing it. It has occupied me with enjoyable flights and has brought me laughter every day. When I joined the forum I remember crying. I found so many people who loved aviation like I did and truly had a passion for flying. These people YOU GUYS have become my family. (See there I go tearing up again lol)
Without you my world would be so much darker.

I love you guys! Keep this forum positive so that other people who may have been in the same situation as me may find this a stronghold! We are family and we stick together!!!

-#ILOVEINFINITEFLIGHT

@Captain_Rojas @Tristin_Woolf @jasonrosewell @sk28 you guys especially have kept me going!

75 Likes

Love you to (in a family way)

3 Likes

So sorry for you. Awesome to have you here and staying strong! A great part of the Infinite Flight Family

5 Likes

Wow, I … i love your strory so much!

Sorry for your loss, your brother is in a better place now. ❤️

11 Likes

I’m in tears right now. 😭😭. I feel so bad for you. I know how much your little brother meant to you. But that was a great story, similar to mine, except for the first part …

2 Likes

Thank you! All of you mean so much to me

3 Likes

Haha I love you to my aviation brother ❤️

5 Likes

I’m glad you love it! My brother meant so much to me. Your kind words are amazing! This simulator and all of you are truly stunning

1 Like

I feall so much sad and pain for you.😭😭😢.I hope the best fo you

1 Like

I know this is going to be painful reminiscing …

1 Like

Thank you @King101! If you ever want to fly don’t forget to hit the messaging button and shoot a request!

2 Likes

oh boy is it :/ you guys never asked me where my call sign came from…508

1 Like

Thank you for joing IF

1 Like

Infinite Flight brought me here. I am so relieved I found you guys!

1 Like

But how did he die? If you don’t feel comfortable talking about it, I completely understand. I understand that you are in a sad state currently, and it isn’t my business, but I’m curios.

2 Likes

Fam all ways stay together

1 Like

Family stick together through the thick and thin and I love all of you! ❤️

4 Likes

Thank you. I just have one question for you in post 15.

1 Like

It hurts to much to retell. I won’t ever be able to finish it because I will be shaking to hard. Let me just say it was sudden and only a week from the happiest time of the year

1 Like

Your brother is so prowed of you 😭😢.(i am tearing up)

2 Likes