My journey through the Amazon river | Leg #2

For leg #2 I departed from SPTE (where leg 1 ended :P ). This time around with a full tank of fuel and with some company - @RoyalJordanian was kind enough to fly with me. For part of the flight we also had the company of @Claudio_Torres

This leg was exactly 3h flight and just about 500nm, still entirely over Peru. On the screenshot below the green markup is where the leg started.

We cruised between FL135-FL115 @ 170knots and landed at SPQN. We are also done with the mountain part of the track and should be now faced with flat land until the end, nevertheless the views are still fantastic as you can see below:

The river really starts to take shape

The curves are very pretty and at times it creates islands of all sizes and shapes

and our destination airport was rendered “over water” :-D

Check here the photos for Leg #1 :

37 Likes

Really nice pictures!! Now I wanna fly there!

2 Likes

One word… LOVELY!

2 Likes

Was a pleasure joining you with this amazing flight!
I really encourage everyone to go and try it 😁
Very nice views

1 Like

This is fantastic!

Have looked through Part 1 as well, inspirational stuff

Are you planning on doing the same documentary for other ‘great rivers?’ Would love to join you if you do

2 Likes

No fires there, unrealistic @IF xD

1 Like

Without getting too political - the fires are more media frenzy than anything else. Regardless of its size, it’s important to take care of it - or course, but it’s not as widespread as some make it to be. Several photos posted online, including by personalities such as Cristiando Ronaldo and Madonna, are either not from Amazon or from 20-30 years ago.

3 Likes

I think that’s a great idea… Let me finish this one and I’ll get thinking about the next one. I’ll make sure to ping you :).

1 Like

Damn… that flight plan must’ve taken hours to make

Wow! Any chance you can tell me the FPL?

2 Likes

How long did it take you to make the FPL!?

3 Likes

The complete FPL is on the leg #1 post comments, link is above in the original post.

Not too long really… about 40 minutes.

I love the 4th Picture it Best Shot

1 Like

It’s mine too @Ethan_W! It is quite amazing, that zigzag goes on for many many miles.

2 Likes

Hmm why would the airport location be off?
There shouldn’t be that Chinese foordinates issue

1 Like

As suggested by the Yangtze River in China. I saw a documentary about where it goes and I found it fantastic.

1 Like

I already have the Nile river route drawn - I was planning on doing the Yangtze next ;-)

1 Like

Wow, those are absolutely incredible pictures.

1 Like