My iPad gyroscope is failing. Is there any virtual joystick app?

So, my ipad air gyro is failing. Simply stops working sometimes. Generally when the ipad gets warm. I’ve been searching for an app like the virtual cockpit to use my iphone as a controller, but it is not available anymore. Is there any option?

Hello @Wesley_Ribeiro ,
You can get a joystick and connect it via live flight on your desktop.

1 Like

Honestly, take it in, if you have Apple Care, or just generally get it looked at by Apple best to sort it out before it becomes more serious than to circumnavigate it…

1 Like

I reckon we should dive right into the cause of the issue rather than a way to avoid your issue entirely. By this, I mean that we should investigate why the gyroscope is failing rather than what can you do to go around this problem. This should also save you a load of money :). This is unless you’re adamant to get a joystick.

Firstly, what iPad do you have? Here is a list of all supported devices for Infinite Flight (including iPads): https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/device-compatibility-thread-built-by-us-for-you/

In addition, under what circumstances does your gyroscope fail? Is it just when the iPad overheats (due to it’s intense usage?)

Please provide us with this info so we can help you accordingly :)

Support isnt an issue here. Only thing I’d ask is is this a regular thing? If it reguraly happens after restarts (app, and device) over a good period of time, then it’s hardware, you need to get it looked at, nothing we can do

1 Like

Its an ipad air 2. I took it to an apple store. The diagnostics is that the gyro sensor is failing and it makes part of the motherboard. It would be easier (and cheaper) to buy a new ipad.

1 Like

Ok well then, do you have apple care/is it under warranty? Becuais you can get a replacement for pretty reasonable under warranty.

it is a physical issue. I intend to get a new one soon, bit wasn’t my plans to change it now just for an issue on the gyro, which I basically use for gaming only. And nope, no apple care for me 🥺

1 Like

IFJoy is one that is currently in Beta Testing. I’m estimating release to be early-mid next year.

1 Like

A native (on screen) or third party joystick app would be great when this kind of things happen. Easier than looking for a physical joystick, plugging or connecting to the pc, and connecting to the ipad… lots of devices, not available to all.

1 Like

I had some troubles with my Air 2’s gyro and battery before I upgraded. Here’s some steps that might get you by until you upgrade your device.

• Back up everything and do a factory reset
  • Ensure Low Power Mode and Limit Frame Rate are enabled at all times.
  • Adjust your screen brightness to less than full bright.
  • If your device is fully charged, keep it off the charger until you are away from a busy airport and near cruise.

These steps should help your device run cooler and your gyro issues may be resolved after the factory reset.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks man, thank you all! ;)

1 Like