My internship with an airline!

Hey guys!
So I have some pretty exciting news, last week I interviewed for a internship position with a charter airline, Miami Air International. I am pleased to say that I have been offered, and accepted, the position! My position would be Records Intern under the maintenance division, meaning I’ll assist in any paperwork or records for one of our 5 Boeing 737-800’s! I am also excited to announce that with this position means I get to be trained about the 737-NG under the GIM/FAM course, meaning I’ll study all the maintenance components of the 737NG and get a lot of time in a 737 simulator! Prior to the internship, I had the opportunity to take a tour of the MAI hangar!
Unfortunately there were no plane in the hangar, the last one who was 759MA I believe, left the night before my interview to work alongside Vacation Express on its MCI-PUJ route. Although what does make up for it is the fantastic views of the runways and the other MRO’s around (I’ve attached some of the pics from my tour)! image
The Lineup at the MRO next door! Featuring an ex Centurion DC-10, Swift 734, Polar Air 744F, and a lot more!

Also another cool sight was the engines from 732MA , the a/c that had the runway excursion at Navy JAX, were still in the hangar from its last phase check awaiting the insurance companies orders!

I hope to share my experience from a different POV of the airline industry with the community!

Also I apologize for the long written essay, just too much excitement and so much to tell!!!

42 Likes

Awesome man! This is only the beginning of your awesome pilot career! You’ll work your way up there. Congrats!

3 Likes

Thanks man much appreciated!

1 Like

Wow! Congratulations. This is amazing and I hope this inspires others to push for their goals. Especially with our younger generation who love to see this.

Well done

2 Likes

Well said, and I appreciate it!

1 Like

Congratulations mate!
Here’s to a successful career 🥂🍷
Wish you luck!

5 Likes

That’s awesome!

2 Likes

Congratulations mate, I hope you enjoy it.

3 Likes

Congrats can’t wait to see how it turns out

Good luck on your career 🍻 in aviation

2 Likes

Thank you sir!

2 Likes

That’s awesome 😄👍🏽

1 Like

Wow, congrats! Best of luck with your internship!

1 Like

Watch out for the sliding 73s
Other than that great. I’d love to do this but the closest airlines are hubed in IAH and DFW and I’m in AUS

3 Likes

Congratulations and all the best to you! 🥂

1 Like

Congrats hope it goes well for ya!

1 Like

I appreciate the kind words y’all, I’ll do my best to share my experiences!

It’ll be awesome if you could see 748MA! I saw her a looong time ago at HOU. Send some 737’s our way in Houston LOL!

1 Like

Haha will do, l know 58MA was running a charter into AFW but I don’t think we have any planned charters hitting up Houston anytime soon. But I’ll let you know if we do ;)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.