My Infinite Flight Journey

At this year’s EAA Airventure, I had the privilege of sharing my aviation journey with Jason and the Infinite Flight staff. As a young aviator, I’ve always been captivated by the wonder of flight, and my passion for all things aviation started at the tender age of five. However, it was a fortuitous encounter in 2012, when I was just nine years old, that changed the course of my life forever. I stumbled upon Infinite Flight, which would eventually become the wind beneath my wings.

From the moment I downloaded Infinite Flight, I knew this app was something special. It became my virtual cockpit, a place where I could spread my wings and learn the art of flying. With each new version and improved feature, like the Navaid/Fix integration, my knowledge of the aviation world expanded, and my dream of becoming a pilot began to crystallize. Infinite Flight was more than just a game; it was a mentor, and a constant source of inspiration.

The hours I logged on Infinite Flight gave me a head start in my real-life flight training. Whenever I started my flight training at the age of 16, I felt like I was already familiar with the world up there, thanks to the countless virtual hours I had spent flying. After completing my solo flight at 16, I decided that it was in my best interest to save for college, in the mean time I had Infinite Flight by my side.

At 19 years old, I proudly obtained my private pilot certificate at the esteemed Embry-Riddle flight department. Infinite Flight had laid the groundwork for my real-world success, and for that, I’ll forever be grateful.

But this journey didn’t end there. I continued to soar higher and set my sights on new horizons. I pushed myself to achieve an Instrument rating, and now I’m diligently working towards obtaining my commercial certificate. The sky truly is the limit, and I want every young aviator out there to know that they, too, can achieve their wildest dreams.

To the youth, let me say this: You have the power to achieve anything you set your mind to. Whether your dream is to fly for an airline, join the military, or simply take to the skies as a hobby, the path is there for you to carve. Embrace your passion, feed your curiosity, and know that every journey, no matter how ambitious, begins with a single step.

I must extend my heartfelt gratitude to the IF team for crafting such an amazing application. Infinite Flight has been an instrumental part of my aviation journey, and I owe a great deal of my success to the skills and inspiration it provided.

As I reflect on my journey thus far, I’m filled with anticipation for what the future holds, both for myself and for the incredible world of aviation.

And to Jason, thank you for lending an ear to my story and for recognizing the impact that Infinite Flight has had on me as an aviator. Your support and encouragement, not to mention the awesome IF swag, mean the world to me.

To all the aspiring aviators using Infinite Flight, remember that the skies are vast, and the possibilities are boundless. Let your dreams take flight, and remember, we are all rooting for each and every one of you. Wishing you clear skies, strong tailwinds, and a future filled with soaring success! Keep the passion burning, and together, let’s conquer the skies!

Feel free to shoot me a DM on instagram (@landoncone) if you have questions or if you would just like to talk!

Wishing you all the best,

-Landon

19 Likes

Awesome journey! Thank you for sharing this with us 🙌🏼 Absolute pleasure to meet you :)

5 Likes

such an interesting journey

2 Likes

Great to meet you! Thanks for sharing your story :)

3 Likes

Incredible journey!!!

2 Likes

Nice story dude! Also, my dad went to Embry-Riddle.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Landon! It was great to meet you at AirVenture and hear your story. Hopefully we’ll see you again next year!

Clear skies.

2 Likes

Wow, I’m sad I couldn’t go to Oshkosh this year, but it’s incredible how Infinite Flight has shaped your real-world aviation journey.

2 Likes

It was great to meet you, thanks for sharing this awesome story :) hope you get some rest after the busy show!

1 Like

My dad and I are thinking of going next year. I would LOVE to meet the Infinite Flight staff. They seem so caring towards their members. Much love to yall.

@Dan I appreciate all the tutorials you post too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.