“My Hangar” Menu Option

I was browsing through all the aircraft and livery options today when an idea came to me. Why not implement a “My Hangar” menu option? It could include up to 10 aircraft/livery combinations selected from the current list, and pilots would have the ability to make changes to their personal fleets at any time. This might seem rather insignificant, but considering there are dozens of combinations to choose from, having this option would definitely streamline the selection process. We are fortunate to have so many aircraft/livery choices in IF, but I tend to select from the same group more often than not. What do you think?

I’m still kind of confused about what you are trying to say could you be a little more detailed

3 Likes

This makes sense but I think it doesn’t do much for the game in terms of quality and value…

4 Likes

It would be a way to pre-select the aircraft and liveries of your choice for easy access. The ones that you personally fly the most.

3 Likes

Oh yes, that sounds like a pretty good idea. Or how about we have a “recent aircraft” drop down

1 Like

I don’t know if this is really needed at all, considering the airplane selection page after the update has been pretty smooth.

I don’t think it should be named “My Hangar.” That name has a misleading implication. It should be named something like “Favorites” or “Saved.”

3 Likes

Why all the negativity? I like it! Members of the BAVA could have all the BA planes in their hangar (or favorites) for example. Love it!

1 Like

I could see usefulness as I myself tend to only fly 3 or 4 different aircraft.

A better thing would be to make a feature called “Ready to Fly” where you can make presets to spawn right away. Which include aircraft, livery, airport, gate number and maybe even FPL’s.

1 Like

What a fantastic idea. Seriously, brilliant.

It would give pilots the ability to customize their experience. Think of it like making a playlist of your favorite songs from a large music collection.

This would be a better idea for a third party app in my opinion. I do like the general idea though!

1 Like

I don’t see the value of this feature as compared to the 30 seconds it takes to choose a plane and livery, which are already ordered alphabetically. I see where you are coming from, but it’s a no from me.

1 Like

Or people could just not be lazy! :) jkjk

You’re spot on. Love it!