Hi guys, a lot of people have wanted to start their own VA/VO but don’t know where to start. That’s why I have created a tutorial to help those who want to begin and to hope that this guide inspires and helps others to make a VA/VO.
Firstly make sure you are minimum TL2 on the community forum to register your VA/VO on the IFVARB but there is no limit creating one without applying it. If you still not sure about the eligibility/requirements, visit the IFVARB website (shown below).
If you are not sure which VA/VO to choose, visit the IFVARB website and go to VA/VO Database, this is where you can find if the VA/VO you want has been taken or not.
What to include to be eligible for the 2nd step of the IFVARB approval process
All VA/VO’s are required to include the following below
- A Website
- Ranking System
- Application Forms (To Apply)
- Communication System (Slack is preferred and recommended by the IFVARB)
- A Set of Rules for pilots to follow
Things not to do when making a VA/VO
- Do not invite random people as they will wait for you to post the thread once you are approved
- Never advertise on the community forum publicly unless approved by an IFVARB Admin
- Do not rush any of the processes (eg: website, logo, etc)
Recommended Extras to Add to VA/VO
- A Crew Centre
- Frequent Flyer Program
- Awards (To Motivate Pilots)
- Routes of the Week
Some Personal Tips and Guides!
- If you are looking for people to join your VA/VO if you are not approved, only invite friends but through a PM (Ask them politely if they would like to join and don’t force them)
- Make a Frequent Flyer program to motivate your fellow pilots
- Make sure that your VA/VO is completely unique to other VA/VO’s
- I recommend setting up a phpVMS crew centre which can help pilots log flights easier
- Design Unique Rank Badges and Staff Badges
- Routes of the week is what makes pilots keep on flying
- Enforce rules which makes the VA/VO’s environment as friendly and community based to make pilots feel happy their
- Know what each approval step consists of so you can get prepared for that step
- Take your time, every great VA/VO has waited their turn to become the bright star. This means that you should take time to prepare everything
- When in struggling situations, ask for help through a PM or a Post on the IFC when appropriate
- Never give up no matter what, you’ll always find a way out!
I hope this tutorial helps a lot to all in the community and I also hope that this inspires thread inspires others to create their own unique VA/VO! If you have any questions or need help feel free to PM me or If you want to say hi or have a conversation, don’t be shy to say hi!
See you in the skies!
(Please correct topic if it is the incorrect topic, thanks)