Hello, I was just doing a training session where my game crashed twice and each time after I tried to go back in and i was hit with a server problem. What is going on?
Sorry about you experiencing a crash.
have you tried IF advice?
Tips regardless of device
- Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
- Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
- Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
- It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
- Disable active ad or message blocking apps
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
- Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
- Lower the Rendering Resolution setting.
- Disable Anti-Aliasing.
- Lower the Rendering Quality setting.
- Lower the Texture Quality setting.
- Lower Airplane count.
At any point if you’re experiencing decreased performance, “Limit frame rate” should always be ticked. This setting can have a great negative impact on performance unless your device is considered high performance.
General iOS tips:
- One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight, is to perform a soft restart of the device. This is a quick and reliable way of making sure your device is operating at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then hold down the home button until you’re returned to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a restart is recommended as the soft restart feature does not exist on those.
- Make sure you don’t have “Low power mode” on your iPhone. If you have, the battery icon in the top right corner is yellow. This can be deactivated from Settings -> Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it set up. Having “Low power mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in a performance degradation.
Note : This is not the same as “Low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function.
General Android tips:
- Make sure you have Android Battery Saver disabled. Having this enabled can cause a lot of degradation in terms of both storage, performance and network.
- Newer Android devices may work fine with Anti-Aliasing on. Turning this off can help performance for older/less powerful Android models.
- Some devices (ie Samsung) may have a Game Tuner app to enhance the performance of games. While some users have not seen an issue there is a number who have. It is best to run IF by itself instead of through a game tuner.
I wish I could try that but I cant even load in
As in these are settings. You don’t need to load into a flight.
I cant load into the home page.
Have you restarted the device?
Let me try that and then I will see what happens
This happened to me before, I restarted my device and let it sit turned off for about 3 minutes. Then I turned it back on. Problem was solved for me
Seems to be working.
OK great! Just post again if it doesn’t :)
Its just really laggy on the live server
That might be a device issue or your connection may be slow. Let me know if you need more help
See the dropdown.
How close are you to Internet connection?
Im about 15feet away from our wifi box thing
Game crashed again
4 ish metres is enough. If you can move closer.
I think its my device, probably going to just keep it off the rest of the day
How much space do you have on your device?
We recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device
I have 7gb of storage left
I believe its fixed now thanks for all your help