My first time spotting! @ KAUS/AUS

Hi, this is my first time spotting and I have some pictures id like to share with you guys. these have been edited so give me your honest opinion. I spotted mainly on 17L but I was caught off guard by the Norwiegon 789 landing on 17L instead of 17R. then, the BA 744 landed on 17R when it was expected (as an east arrival) to land on 17L ๐Ÿ˜ก.

Here are the pics

I barely caught this Westjet 737-700 arriving from Calgary. I really had to whip my camera out for this one

Next is a picture of an Aeromexico ERJ195LR at the international terminal

I barely caught this Norwiegon after it came behind me as I had driven over to the longer runway for it.

When I got back to the spotting area, I was swarmed be an American A321 landing and an Austin Police Department Eurocopter AS 350 taking off

I then got a Delta A321 landing and an American A319 takeoff

After that, the private jets took over with a Cessna 560XL and a Bombardier BD 100 landing.

Finally, I got a pic of the BA 744 Landor Livery taxiing to gate.

Well, thatโ€™s all until next time. Please give me your honest opinion on these pics.

Chose your favorite pic

0 voters

17 Likes

Hold on, forgot pictures

2 Likes

Great airport choice๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ fellow austinite! Too bad you didnโ€™t catch the BA 744, the land or retro livery came today!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜” Did you at least see it on the ground?

2 Likes

Doesnโ€™t the westjet 737 come from Calgary? Or do they also come from Toronto?

1 Like

Fenceโ€ฆ #spottingfails

2 Likes

Yep @Owen_Anderson, fixed all miskates now.

1 Like

Pics 3 and 10 were ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ. Thanks for sharing, awesome pics! Have you ever caught Lufthansa in Austin? I havenโ€™t yet:(
Also Iโ€™m flying out of Austin on Saturday to Spokane via Sacramento. Iโ€™ll post pics on IFC when I get back next Saturday.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Like

Here are two little tips :

Try to have the sun behind you while Spotting (like in the norvegian shot), itโ€™s a rule while spotting, it makes the whole shot better.

Always make sure your white balance is right. Normally your editing software can do it for you but otherwise just make sure white looks white (not yellow or blue).

I hope these help make you shots even better.

1 Like

Thanks, the problem is at KAUS, the spotting area is positioned where in the morning the sun is behind me but later all the heavies and larger aircraft come in

1 Like

Nice pictures!

Nice pics! I just think you can work a bit on your perspective. Apart from that, decent pics!

Thanks for the tips @AlphaSeven

1 Like

Cool! I would make sure that next time you spot, you position yourself between the aircraft and the sun, that way your pictures wonโ€™t be backlit.

Ok, I explained in a earlier post that KAUS has a bad position

Great pics! Awesome!

Hmmm seems as if all the BA special 100 liveries come to AUS? Nice pics btw, when you get the chance take some pics on the outdoor patio!

1 Like

Also, I think it would be awesome if more people did night time spotting at AUS! Such a underrated airport!

1 Like

Iโ€™m heading to get better Landor pics in a sec

Awesome! Flying to back home to Austin with BA next month!

Expect another topic with yesterdayโ€™s pics

1 Like