My First Time on a Cessna!

My first time in a GA aircraft,

So, I hopped down to Connecticut to visit the Woodstock fair, for the last two years I’ve attended
I have always noticed there was a Cessna doing patterns around the fair (it seemed interesting so I looked into it).

I found out it was a “Cessna flight experience” that only cost $30 per person for a 20 minute flight around the fair!

So this year I figured, why not give it a go?
(Such an experience is hard for me to put a price tag on!)

Keep in mind, I’ve never flown in a GA aircraft before so a small cramped plane was a new experience to me, I’m very familiar with commercial aircrafts like Boeing and Airbus, so at first I was skeptical of how it will feel giving the major size and speed difference.

Takeoff: Very smooth and barely felt any kick as the plane started its ascent, very different that my previous experiences on large aircraft.

Flight itself: Sort of bumpy due to the weight and size of the plane when wind hits it, but nothing crazy.

Landing: The pilot had to apply heavy rudder due to the wind direction and speed but I didnt even feel us touch the ground as we were landing.

Here are my pictures:

19 Likes

Congrats. There is nothing like your first GA flight

3 Likes

Wow! That looks great. What an exciting thing to do!

1 Like

How cool! I remember my first time aswell. She’s a beauty isn’t she. Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. 🙂

2 Likes

She really is a beauty!

Hopefully with more hard work I can fly one of these!

2 Likes

What an experience!! Thanks for sharing! Must’ve been interesting to hear ATC communication first hand as well! Did the pilot let you take controls of the plane at all?

1 Like

That’s so cool. Think about that being your job for the day lol.

1 Like

If I had an opportunity to do that for a day and get paid - I’d be pretty happy

1 Like

Have you looked into getting any certificates, or licenses?

Unfortunately I didnt want to ask him but I sort of kick myself because I believe he would’ve let me.

There was no atc, actually it’s a privately owned airfield so no tower officially as I’m aware…

That’s a bummer, I’m sure he would have been more than happy to let you fly the bird for a few minutes! Ahh, no ATC either? That’s all good, just one of the many things that makes your first GA flight a time to remember.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.