My first spotting pictures

Hi everyone, so this is my first aviation spotting pictures since i’m into photography, any feedback is appreciated

JAL B777-200ER JA702J

Dragonair A320-200 B-HSU

Air Mauritius A330-200 3B-NBM
Dragonair A320-200 B-HST

Cathay pacific A330-300 Oneworld Livery B-HLU

Cathay pacific B777-300ER B-KQI

Cathay pacific B777-300ER B-KQD

Cathay pacific B777-300ER B-KQZ

Dragonair A321-200 B-HTE

Cathay Dragon A330-300 B-LBF

ANA B787-9 JA887A
Xiamen Air B737-800 B-5656

And finally my ride back to surabaya for that day is B-LBH, An A330-300

All pictures was taken on a Sony A7R Mark 1 With 24-240 lens and edited on google snapseed

29 Likes

I like them! Does your place get a lot of Cathay Pacific flights?

3 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately no,only a daily flight on An A330… Most of them were empty though…

2 Likes

Really good pictures, even though that a sunny day would make them look prettier (just my opinion).
I love the JAL’s b777 pic, as well as the CP’s oneworld a330 landing. Simply amazing

2 Likes

Nice! Which airport was this at?

Nice to see some Cathay Pacific planes in the light, when I go spotting, I sometimes see their cargo 747s but they usually arrive at night, not great for pictures!

2 Likes

Great photos! A word of advice: try a higher ISO next time, since the pictures are a bit dark. But those still are definitely great shots for you first trip!

2 Likes

I think it’s highly likely that he took the pictures at VHHH (Hong Kong) judging from the background and how many Cathay Pacific flights there are ;)

Thanks David for these awesome shots! I love those Cathay Pacific shots tbh :)

2 Likes

Yup @george is correct,i took those pic at VHHH,i wish i arrived at the airport earlier that day so i can took more pic…

3 Likes

Thanks! I think the pic looks a bit dark because i scratched my sensor and there is a lot of dust on my sensor at that time… but thanks for your advice!

2 Likes

Very good spotting! Keep in spotting, try for the sunlight.

1 Like

Thanks! I was in a bit of a rush since i’m afraid to miss my flight… but next time i’ll try to use the shutter priority mode…

1 Like

I normally use Aperture priority and then just adjust the ISO and aperture until it looks good. @JRRaviation made a nice post on which settings to use. It’s under “The Different Modes on your Camera.”

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice! I’ll try to use them next time i travelled to jakarta since surabaya’s airport are not spotter friendly and the traffic are not that intresting since most of the time there are only lion’s 737 or garuda’s 737…

1 Like

Assuming from the views and my past visits, this is most probably VHHH (Hong Kong), hub of Cathay Pacific.

1 Like

Next time go to the spotting deck in terminal 2 before check in, if the planes are landing on 25R they are extremely close! Nice pics by the way!

1 Like

Wonderful pictures. Nice job!

1 Like

Really nice pics!!! (:

1 Like

Thanks! Unfortunately i’m not going to hong kong this summer…

P.S did anybody know a nice place to spot at changi airport?

1 Like

Personally i love those landing pics. The Cathay and JAL looks majestic 🔱
All of your pics were excellent. Hope see more pics from you 😊

It’s always nice for me to Cathay as I’ve never seen one my self :(

1 Like

Pretty good! I’d just increase the brightness of the photos a bit.

1 Like