My First Solo

After much anticipation, cancellations, training, and more - on Monday, March 16th, I did my first solo. It was actually quite fun!

Here’s a link to a video of me landing, taken by one of my old instructors who happened to be passing by:

If anyone reading this is feeling nervous or anxious that they will mess up a radio call or incorrectly do a maneuver, etc. don’t worry, you’ve got this! I went up 3 times with my instructor beforehand and pretty much did everything myself; so going up on my own was actually no different! I did a total of 2 stops and taxi back to the active, and finally one back to parking.

I will say that Infinite Flight has helped me understand radio transmissions - what to look out for after they say something, the general flow of how ATC works, and more. I hope to see slightly more complicated ATC in the future to help student pilots out there get acclimated to real ATC.

If you’re reading this - thank you and stay safe!

35 Likes

Great thing you did it! Congrats on your solo!

2 Likes

I love the “YES SIRR” in the video. 😂

Also a huge congratulations!

5 Likes

Haha yeah, it was a big day! And thanks :)

1 Like

“YesSir” You did it. Great Job! :D

1 Like

That’s awesome! Congrats! You’re only making me more excited to solo.

Also, NICE LANDING!!!

1 Like

That’s great to hear! A whole new world of things open up after you’re done, trust me.

Haha thanks, my third and final landing was probably my best landing yet. I could barely feel myself touch the ground. Good luck!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Welcome to the PIC Club ;)

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! 🎉🎊🎈

I haven’t had a chance to watch the video yet but I’ll let you know when I have. Congrats on your solo though! Just another major step closer to finally achieving your goal.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, it certainly is!

1 Like

Congrats!!
What type of aircraft is that? A Piper? Great landing too!

YesSir!!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s a ‘77 C172.

1 Like

Welcome to the world of solo flying, my friend!

Half jokes aside, congratulations on your first solo!

3 Likes

Oh! Cool. I thought it was a Cessna at the start but then seeing it closer made me think it was a Piper.

1 Like

Thanks!

(Filler)

1 Like

Love it congrats dude!

1 Like

“Yessir!” Congrats to you, @DylanHK, great job on achieving this!

1 Like

Yesssirrrrrr 😎

2 Likes

Oh baby that was buttery even though u floated it it doesn’t matter u did a huge accomplishment that many are afraid to do congrats can wait to see your first cross country 😁

1 Like

Yeah I think this was my first landing which was a little rougher than the ones after, but nonetheless it was pretty good. And yes, can’t wait for cross country! Lots of opportunities over here in Florida for the coast.

2 Likes