My First Solo at EISG

Yesterday was a special day as I completed my First Solo! The aircraft was a Cessna 172P and the pictures show me with my instructor presenting me with my first epaulettes!

22 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thanks @Adrien Appreciate it!

2 Likes

Right on scary feeling isn’t it

1 Like

Congrats!! Get those wings so I can fly around with you ;)

1 Like

Congratulations! Fly safe!

1 Like

Looking down the runway for the first Time on your own really brings it home but it was lovely and the landings were as smooth as could be!

That’s good I was freaking out when I went up. Had to talk my self thru it the whole way. My first pattern I had to go around due to my speed being crazy and nerves. 15 hrs of solo later I have no problems getting in and doing whatever on my own. Other then stalls I really don’t want to go practice those by myself 😂

1 Like

I’m just afraid of a stall going to a spin but I would like to do aerobatics! I’ve been in a VansRV7 before but never done aerobatics in it but man was it responsive!

1 Like

Congratulations JGK. Your on the first step towards soaring with the Eagles.
You’ll remember this feat for the rest of your days, I still remember my feeling of freedom more than 50 years ago. Attached find a copy of “High Flight”, clip it and put it in your flight bag for Good Luck, read it again from time to time and remember the pioneers that went before us with only a few wires, canvas and wood! Good Luck Pilot, Mad Max Sends

4 Likes

I can’t wait until I’m in your shoes @Maxmustang looking back at 50 years of cloud surfing across the globe! I will remember this day and feel proud to join the next generation of cloud surfers! Thanks for the credit and best wishes to yourself my friend!

Blue skies,

John Gerard Killeen

3 Likes

Nice job John! ;) Have fun up there!

1 Like

Congratulations! I’m almost there myself!

1 Like

Well done broooo

1 Like

You will really enjoy it!

1 Like

Thanks man

I’ll keep an eye out overhead, especially if you fly toward EGAB, you’ll end up flying pretty close to my old house.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.