My first Plane Spotting - Paris Orly (ORY/ LFPO)

📢 ABOUT ME

Bonjour !

I’m Aurel, I’m a french graphic designer and photographer.
Today I’m going to share with you my experience of my first plane spotting.
Being a lifelong aviation fan and photographer, I had to try plane spotting.

Don’t hesitate to give me feedback or give your opinion. Have a good reading !

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

📢 NOTES - AIRPORT INFORMATIONS

If you want more informations about this airport, I invite you to visit these websites below :

THE AIRPORT AND THE SPOT 🗼

For this first time, I went to my local airport, Paris Orly Airport.
I decided to go to a known and easy access spot, it’s the spot #2La Coulée Verte” on the spotting site.
The spot is in a park. This spot is well known for his best view for the departures and arrivals on runway 07. The planes do not use the whole length of the runway but enter through the second entrance (A318/ A319/ A320/ A321, 737, A330).
If the runway 26 is active, you can’t catch much traffic because most of the planes use the fast exit on the right.

THE TRAFFIC AT THE AIRPORT 🛫

During Covid, the traffic was quite low but during 2 hours I could see 8 planes taking off.
Mainly A320 from Vueling, Easyjet, TAP and Air France, 737-800 from Transavia and Air Europa but also a beautiful A330-300 Corsair.

THE PHOTOS 📸

Concerning the equipment, I use a Canon 250D with for the moment a Tamron 70-300mm and a tripod K&F TC2534 of the brand KF Concept.

📢 Notes : These pictures are mine, if you want to use them, tag me.
I remind you that it’s illegal to steal photos without request or even without credits especially when the photographer spends a lot of time to realize and edit these photos.

Now enjoy ! 🌟

Don’t hesitate to give me feedback or give your opinion 🙌

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aircraft : Airbus A320
Airline : TAP Air Portugal

Aircraft : Airbus A319
Airline : Air France

Aircraft : Airbus A320N
Airline : Vueling

Aircraft : Airbus A320
Airline : Easyjet

Aircraft : Airbus A330-300
Airline : Corsair

Paris Orly Airport control tower

That’s all !
Don’t hesitate to give me feedback or give your opinion
🙌

NOW LET’S DO A POLL - What’s your favourite shot ? 🙌

• A320 TAP Air Portugal
  • A320N Vueling
  • A319 Air France
  • A330-300 Corsair
  • Airport Tower

0 voters

Have a good day 👋
Aurel

60 Likes

The photos and the editing are really sharp! Really liked it!

1 Like

Thank you very much for these words !
Since I already do portraits, I was able to adapt my retouching style to this type of content 🙌

I still have many others to share but the retouching is rather long on Photoshop, I have to retouch each defect or unbalance on the photos as for example an area of light reflection on the plane’s body, details in the background on the terminals or blurry vehicles 🥴

1 Like

Wow this is very cool! Have you seen a FrenchBee A350 yet?

1 Like

Not yet because the traffic is strongly reduced at this time always because of the Covid but it is slowly picking up. II have to look again at the departure times of the A350’s of French Bee.
But yes the A350 is my goal ! 🙌

1 Like

Might as well try to get every AF2021 given how much u like the livery lol

1 Like

You got me ! haha
I saw it landing on runway 26 in the distance but I couldn’t get a picture of it…Next time !

I have to say that the Tap Air Portugal livery is really one of my favorites for the moment because the photo rendering is really amazing.

Wow! These are gorgeous, fantastic editing!

1 Like

Thank you Felix ! 🙌

What Camera and Lens did you use and how far were you from the Aircraft

1 Like

I use a Canon 250D with for the moment a Tamron 70-300mm and a tripod K&F TC2534 of the brand KF Concept.

Concerning the distance, Google Maps shows me that I am at 240m (242,83 m / 796,68 ft) when the plane takes off.

1 Like

How can I measure the distance of my spotting location I am looking to buy a camera zoom lens tripod etc and I need to know how powerful it needs to be to get good pictures

Those photos are amazing! I love th easy jet shot!

1 Like

I meant the not th

1 Like

This is a very good question.
I must admit that even I don’t think about it, in fact since I have several objectives, I automatically know which objectives are the most suitable.

If someone else comes by and talks, maybe they can answer your question 🙌

Thanks for these words !

Indeed the Easyjet livery looks really good with this light 🌟
More to come in a future #2^^

1 Like

EDIT :
I recently updated my topic by improving the layout and the text.
I also added a poll, don’t hesitate to fill it 🙌

1 Like

Amazing shots @Aurel

1 Like

Amazing shots!

I love the the easyJet one ^^ 🔥
@Sam_D206 @MADCAT @Charlieab29

and TAP ✨ @flybarroso @CptRuben @MiguelB @Bruno_Palma @Manuel_Murta

Corsair @william

𓆈
4 Likes

I love the color correction you applied, it gives a warm atmosphere even though there seem to be a stratus. It feels somewhat natural.

Don’t fake the depth of field tho, if you really want this look try to have motion blur.

This bush is making wonders in the Corsair shot!

1 Like