My first moonshots!

Hey!
I decided to give moonshots a try for the first time, let me know what you think!
Below is a Qatar a350-900 on final at OTHH in a sunset, it is arriving from Cape Town, South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦, and a Qantas a380-800 test flight from Lisbon to Sydney. The photo was taken while cruising over the vast outback. Enjoy!

EDIT: Here are some more from SIN-BNE when Singapore was featured.

Somehow the moon got cropped on the afternoon one, it looked way better before. Rip

36 Likes

Great job on your first moonshots! Next time, try to make the moon a little bigger, because bigger is better (Sometimes)! But either way, great job!

Don’t mean this in a dirty way, I’m referring to the terrestrial body orbiting the planet earth. Not, well you know.

3 Likes

Great job man! For your first try these are great!

2 Likes

This are amazing! How long was the Qatar flight?

2 Likes

Awesome attempt! Keep it up! Make the moon bigger and try to capture different angles.

1 Like

I personally like the size of the moon in your shots. Sometimes when it’s too big, I feel like it overwhelms the image and takes too much attention off the aircraft. This one, however, is perfectly balanced! Great job.

2 Likes

Thanks all! The flight was about 9.5 hours @anon38496261. I highly recommend, I have flown it many times in IF and I flew it irl too. Great scenery and length.

1 Like

I added some more pictures in :)

1 Like

The Qantas looks amazing. Imagine an A380 rework and that picture having wing flex 😍

1 Like

Oh goodness 🀀

1 Like

Nice pictures

2 Likes

Thanks! :)

1 Like

Beautiful screenshots! :)

2 Likes

Thank you ;)

1 Like

Amazing pics, I really love them especially the Qantas A380 looks so good!

1 Like