My First Long-Haul Flight (EGLL - KLAX)

So this was my first long haul flight in IF. My normal flight times have always been short and medium-haul, with my longest being 5 hours.

So I decided to take a shot in the dark and fly the British Airways 747-400 service (BAW283) from London to Los Angeles.

This was flown on the training server and the flight plan was created (as always) with SimBrief and FPLtoIF, Flight time was 10.5 hrs.

Photos

Taking off rwy 27L @ EGLL

Climbing out of Heathrow

About 2 hours into cruise… The middle of the Atlantic ocean
InfiniteFlight_2019-08-11-18-28-04

Laaand hoooo! Somewhere over Northern Canada
InfiniteFlight_2019-08-11-18-28-32

Over the Navada Desert on descent to LA
InfiniteFlight_2019-08-11-18-30-13

Final rwy 25L @ KLAX

A terrible landing (this wasn’t the flare… This was the bounce.) Not used to the height of the cockpit on the 74!

The taxi back was smoother

Thank you for flying British Airways!

Thanks for reading-

Your friendly neighborhood New Zealander,
Jim

19 Likes

🤔🤔🤔 A flight between the two most cursed Infinite Flight airports…

I strangely like it.

And nice pics as well.

5 Likes

Lol. Popular route you know!

3 Likes

Definitely learned that the hard way at LAX this morning 😬😂

I have done this flight on the ES but on the training server is a different story!😂😂😂 Anyways great pics though…

2 Likes

Nice pictures and captions, love it. I suggest doing EDDF and KSFO or vice versa. Especially with the Lufthansa A380 it’s pretty nice.

1 Like

Yeah I was too scared to do it on ES… What if something goes wrong while I’m asleep, the plane crashes, and I get ghosted or a report XD

2 Likes

It’s good to have that fear… that “what if” thought😂😂

2 Likes

Congrats on your first long-haul! Welcome to the club (lol, wait there isn’t one 😂). Well, still, congrats on becoming part of the big group! 👍

1 Like

Thanks, man!

1 Like

Great job on your first long haul! 😃
I have yet to do one, I should do a LH soon.

1 Like

Nice flight, the cockpit height caught me out first time too! The gear got a great workout

1 Like