My First GA experience Milford Sound

My first flight on a General aviation aircraft was in the beautiful Milford Sound (I was passenger). It was a while ago but found some great photos so i thought i would share my experiences. Also thought it would be cool because the airport has been edited for global and would be great for GA in global.

Milford Sound Airport(checked is in global with correct layout)

Milford Sounds location relative to Queenstown

31 pm
Some photo’s from the ground

Flying Close to mountains

Waterfall

Cockpit

I think a great flight for global would be Queenstown - Milford Sound :)

Please do not use photos without permission

28 Likes

Stunning part of the world! What was the purpose of the flight? Are you learning?

Just looked it up and some scenes of Lord of the Rings were filmed at Lake Wakatipu

1 Like

Very nice! Scenery also very nice there!

1 Like

Great, wow! Love NZ. I have family there

1 Like

Beautiful scenery nice clicks @Matthew_Harrison

1 Like

Yes I’ve flown this route a few times (as a passenger). Incredible views and so close to the mountains you feel like you can touch them. I also recall having to push the plane into a parking space upon landing

1 Like

Going to New Zealand in November, my mom refuses to not see the Milford sound. What company did this flight?

Beautiful pictures too! Definitely a time of your life.

1 Like

Forgot name of company but there is a quite a few i think. It was fun :) lucky to be going back to Queenstown soon.

1 Like

Not yet but plan to soon :)

1 Like

Cool! I will definitely check this out.

1 Like

Incredible view! I’m definitely adding this to my Global flight list:-D

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.