My first flying lesson (PPL)

Hey guys im Mell!

In a week I have my first flying lesson (really excited 😀). But dos have anyone tips I think I will fly the Diamond DA20. Like how dos it handle is it easy can you land it easy? Please let me know :)

Thanks, Mell

Ps. Ill post all updates here :)

3 Likes

I’ve been flying the 172 for a while. It will be “heavy” at fort but as soon as you get use to it, it flies like a dream and handles super well

3 Likes

I hope so! When Im done I think I wil look for a Good Cessna 152! How dos that handle?

2 Likes

Trust your instructor, if they let you fly starting off they’re good.

2 Likes

Awesome I hope I have a nice instructor!

1 Like

Also the 150/152 is a good little airplane, it’ll treat you right.

1 Like

You were born in 2004 and can take flying lessons? Just wondering because in Germany you can take lessons at age 16.

1 Like

You can take lessons from you 14th here but you can fly alone when 16.

1 Like

Oh okay didn’t know that. Have fun!

1 Like

Thank you sir! Have a Good night :)

1 Like

i recently had my first PPL lesson and they don’t let you land on your first one so don’t worry about that :), also bear in mind that you don’t necessarily want to build up your hours yet as you can’t solo until you are 16 and so you might get frustrated being unable to fly solo. all the best!

1 Like

It takes 1/1.5 year to get your PPL so when i get it Im 16 ;) Thanks

1 Like

First flight lesson, awesome! Just go into it as a sponge. Try to take in everything and most of all, have fun! You aren’t expected to know everything, so just know what you know and learn what you don’t. Most importantly, start studying now! The FAA offers tons of textbooks for free on their website, such as the PHAK and Airplane Flying Handbook. Download these today and start reading. Studying on your own will impress your instructor (and also reduce cost!). Good luck and enjoy!

3 Likes

Thanks wil take a look for shure! 😀

1 Like

The Cessna is a fun plane to fly. It is very responsive and is the best plane to get your first lessons with. I do not know if anyone else does this, but I usually flare until the stall horn sounds (if I have enough runway). Prevents bouncing and makes the landing buttery.

2 Likes

Sounds weird but thanks for the tip! I hope to get my license in a year

1 Like

I was thinking about doing this…

Is this the going rate? What do you guys think?

1 Like

Save your money, no need to do it in a cirrus. Go in a 172 or something similar in a low wing.

2 Likes

Sounds about right for a SR22, save your money and go fly a 150 or a 172

24%20PM About $70 cheaper for the 172.

1 Like