My First Flight With The US Civil Air Patrol

Hey everyone! Today I had my first flight with the United States Air Force Auxiliary, The Civil Air Patrol (CAP). It was basically where we showed up in our uniform, and got experience flying in a Cessna. Each Cadet gets 5 Flights, each one introduces different aspects (stalling, descending, etc.).

For this flight, we just got familiar with the aircraft. I sat in the cockpit and the other Cadet sat in the back for the first leg. We wore headsets so we could talk to eachother and listened to ATC. After takeoff, I was actually allowed to control the plane for a little. I did a somewhat 360, and then got back on our track. The instructor also let me descend to the pattern altitude (I told him I play a flight simulator ๐Ÿ˜‚). I learned to maneuver around clouds, how to turn without losing altitude, and i overall had a ton of fun. He was very impressed with my terminology of aviation (thanks Infinite Flight!). I still have 4 more Flights like this, and Iโ€™m excited to manually fly a plane again!

Hereโ€™s the flight we did:

5 Likes

A bit of a Shaky flight path ๐Ÿ˜‚ But nice to hear you had enjoyed your flight ๐Ÿ‘

3 Likes

Well, in my defense, Iโ€™ve never flown a plane before ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 Likes

Awesome! I was in the Civil Air Patrol too! In Fort Wayne, Indiana on the 122nd Fighter Wing base.

1 Like

I flown a plane once so far. It was an Ikarus C42 Ultralight. Was a but windy this day and the wind โ€œdivertedโ€ me 35NM from my planned Destination ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Yeah, the clouds were really bad so we had to keep turning. It was kinda hard to see where they were because there was also Sahara dust in the air making it really hazy. We were never in any real danger tho, so thatโ€™s good ๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

Sounds like a real Challenge for the first flight. Keep it up man. Training always helps. Whish you all the best in your progress

2 Likes

During my first flight there were controlled fires everywhere. It sucked to fly.

1 Like

Just received the Flight Aware Link

Be very careful they have some of the crappiest aircraft I have ever seen! They cause to much headache with the aviation community and local airports here

1 Like

Hmโ€ฆ I did not know that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.