My First flight On CRJ (Garuda Indonesia CRJ1000)

Hi guys,so i just got off from my first CRJ flight from banjarmasin to balikpapan,

Banjarmasin syamsudin noor airport was dated,luckily i have already checked in via garuda indonesia mobile app but for safe measure, i printed it…

So my ride was PK-GRH, A 5.5 year old Bombardier CRJ 1000

The legroom was decent

My first impression of the CRJ was actually bigger than i thought,i’ve flown with wings air ATR72 and it was tight

For this 40 minute flight garuda serves us a muffin,a curry puff and a bottle of water which is fantastic for a 40 minute flight…

Some view along the way…
IMG_20180713_124855

We arrived on time at sepinggan airport. Sepinggan airport was decent and it was very modern…

Verdict:
Garuda is probably the best airline in indonesia for regional routes the legroom was decent and the snack was decent, the price its a bit expensive though…

P.S i will add the pict if i had a good internet connection…

12 Likes

Very nice! I hope you enjoyed your flight. I hope to fly with the CRJ sometime!

2 Likes

What’s a curry puff?

When I enlisted in the Military, the Army booked me on a CRJ with Air Canada Jazz, between the CRJ and the Q400 I think they both fit as the “Nope hate flying” aircraft list lol

I enjoyed my first flight on a CRJ… it feels like a private jet, other than a few bumps to my head, i really do enjoyed it…

1 Like

Its bread that filled with chicken that tasted like curry…

I wish i can fly on the Q400, bombardier and embraer itself is quite rare in SE asia, so i wish i can fly with Both erj and crj 700/900

1 Like

Sounds really nice :)

1 Like

I take one from Seattle to either Vancouver Canada or to Idaho lol hate it all the time

Yup,garuda is very generous in terms of meal, two days ago when i flew from jakarta to banjarmasin which is a 1 hour and 30 minutes flight, i got a omelette,grilled sausage,baked potato and a fruit platter…

Nice review! I’d love to fly a CRJ sometime but unfortunately I’m stuck with A320s and 737s.

Looks fun flight!

Anyways, GIA is also had a route From/To WAAA-WAHH, WALL-WAHH (or Vice versa) , using their CRJ-1000

Although im never have onboard

Its not a fun flight for tall people like me… i’ve bumped my head to the celling twice:). I think you need to get on board the crj because i heard rumours that garuda will replace their crj with cs300 or Airbus A220

1 Like

Wow ur so lucky! Ive always wanted to fly on Garudas CRJ. The closest ive ever gotten was at yogyakarta when i walked past PK-GRR… I just recently flew on Wings Air’s ATR from HLP to BDO and it wasnt that cramped because i was in the exit row seat lol

Yup, i felt really lucky because garuda want to buy the new A220 and there are only 18 crj’s on se asia…, wings air atr for me its very crampy because i hit my head three times to the celling and i even cannot move my legs on board that wings air atr 72… thanks for reading my trip report…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.