MY FIRST FLIGHT LESSON! [Completed!]

They’re not THAT soundproof 😊 …the engine drone can get quite warying over a flight. The main thing with the headsets is to hear each other clearly.

I remember that there was an open channel between the people on board, and a ‘push to talk’ button on the top of the yoke for broadcasting over the radio.

2 Likes

Good to know! Thanks!

good luck on your first flight session

1 Like

Congrats on the first lesson, I hope you enjoy it! I’m sure you’ll have a blast!

Just to add on to what Ecoops mentioned, you might not be landing the plane on the first lesson, but if you want the instructor might let you fly it part of the way in, and then let you shadow the controls (have your hands on while the instructor flies) while they land. All depends on the instructor.

Let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!!!

1 Like

Thanks!! My good friend google maps reviews helped me select a flight instructor at my flight school and one of the reviews said “He let me take control of the flight while coaching me throughout”.

That’s what I like to hear!! lol

1 Like

When I first flew on a Boeing 737 simulator, I was in a stress when all of a sudden I was told to fly that heavy aircraft under a bridge. I gripped the yoke firmly and was quite stressed with my eyes wide open.

My instructor throughout the one hour experience smiled and told me that a “plane is not designed to crash”. And that quote kind of calmed me down. Ahh great memories when I was an emotional child, I always remember this part ever time I take a flight nowadays, it calms me a lot.

Congrats for your first lesson! All I can say is watch your surrounding area when on the air and on the ground. Which means watch for the ground crew before the engine start, watch the aircraft when taxing and listen to what’s happening around you when flying. And follow the checklists! Even if your instructor will be flying.

I haven’t flown a flight lesson myself yet but I as a young adult I have a great experience flying every year with the Cessna (touristic and view point flights from a popular airport, worked along side closely with the staff for a week too).

2 Likes

I fly a Piper Warrior as well and am about 38 hours into my training and taking my checkride soon. My main thing is to go in with an open mind and be ready to learn. Some things may not make sense but no be afraid to ask questions. Another thing, don’t feel bad when you make mistakes. That’s why you are in training, you are learning and will make mistakes. Happens to everyone. Don’t get frustrated and use it as a learning opportunity. Make sure to study and get that written test out of the way as soon as you can. I made the mistake of waiting to do my written until now and I wish I could have done it in the beginning of my training or even before I started training. And last, have fun! Flying is really fun so no matter what part of training you are in, don’t forget why you started in the first place, because it is fun

1 Like

Hey!
Good luck bro!

I remember mine!

Just remember to keep the aircraft steady.
Best,
-Roland

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I hope you receive the opportunity to take a flight lesson in the very near future

1 Like

Thanks man! I wish you the best of luck on completing your written and passing your check ride!!!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try my very best!

1 Like

Hello and good luck!
I’m currently underage for practical flight lessons but what I learnt from theory would be useful. I will list some of them down.
Just remember these:
Location of instruments and what they do, your different speed and altitudes in a circuit(if taught),metars and markings(idk what else lol)
I have no idea how useful it would be so yes.

1 Like

Thanks! You might be old enough in the US I think it’s any age

1 Like

I live in Singapore lol

1 Like

I landed it first try with instructor coaching. Take in as much as you can. Do you have a logbook? Be prepared to spend some money, its best to pay as much as you can up front. Best wishes! PM me for any more advice!!

1 Like

Oh. Well In that case keep flying in Infinite Flight etc and you will be very prepared for your first flight lesson in the near future!

1 Like

No way! What can I do so they can let me land it first try?

Just do what the instructor says, he’ll give you control once you’re up. If he believes you have a feel for it he will let you

1 Like

Oh, and go ahead and get your ground school books and start preparing now.

1 Like