My First Flight as Regular (NASA Mission)

Nasa Mission to Boeing

So, guys, I’m gonna let you in on a secret. Once you reach TL3, you get recruited to the prestigious NASA Virtual™️, so I had to do my first flight from Portland to Boeing Field. Without further ado, here is my first mission, in a NASA 747SOFIA.

Cruising at 19,000ft. Doing some lovely early-morning tELeSCopiNG.

As it becomes early morning, we descend into Seattle and watch the narrow-bodies struggle to land with their 35kt crosswind.

In all seriousness, I’m so happy to have become TL3 and I also want to say thank you to the IFATC Controllers that I was communicating with, you guys are doing god’s work.

Portland ATIS/Ground/Tower: @WesleyHenrich

Seattle Approach: @tomthetank

But something that I really want to share is that I now get access to the requirements to get TL3. If you want to know what they are, check this Google Doc.

Thank you for reading and happy landings! 👋

19 Likes

Congrats on getting Regular. You’re now really special.

2 Likes

Congrats on being regular you have already editted 2 of my topics. lol

4 Likes

I. Got. Rickrolled.

1 Like

I thought you were going to space. No idea why.

1 Like

Oh well, next flight.

1 Like

You were ABOUT to get a like and then Rick Astley appeared on my screen

7 Likes

Your TGA controller at Portland would have been @WesleyHenrich.

Glad to see a fellow NASAVA pilot flying the IF skies! Great pics too. ;)

2 Likes

It’s nice to see that I have twice the rick-rolls than likes.

1 Like

Great pics, and congrats again on TL3!

As soon as my phone opened the YouTube app instead of Google Docs, I knew exactly what was coming

1 Like

Congrats on becoming a regular, still waiting for my day!! Looks like you had a fun flight!

1 Like

It’s already my 3rd-clicked link

1 Like

LOL. I knew that if it was real instructions, this would have been closed, but I just had to see what you put. That never gets old.

1 Like

I need to know if I got any of the mods who were investigating.

Congratulations on TL3. Not going to lie though I’m quite disappointed that I got Rick Rolled. It’s only happened to me about 3 times before this

1 Like

Congrats on being a regular and nice pics

1 Like

Nice pictures!

1 Like

No wonder why I had a mission to access the good ol’ Spaceshuttle to break the gravity barrier. It was fun but the model was of course old and needs improvement.

Great pictures! It’s nice to fly the space telescope in the sky. And I find the 747-SOFIA awesome! 👍

the top text was a joke of course

1 Like

Cool pics - yeah the conditions in Seattle yesterday were definitely questionable for flying in…😂🤣

I may have crashed on approach…thx winds :)

1 Like

Also…this link…oh dear…😂

1 Like