My Experience at the Delta TechOps Training Center + ATL Spotting

This past Tuesday, I had an amazing opportunity to spend some time at the Delta TechOps Training Center in a Boeing 777-200LR simulator along with a 777 captain/instructor. My father and I spent 4 days in Atlanta, and this was definitely the highlight of our trip. We spent about an hour flying in the sim and I had a great opportunity to speak with the instructor, ask questions, and talk about possible career paths.

Here are some pictures from the TechOps Center…

Inside the simulator:

Outside view of the simulator:

For our last night in Atlanta, we stayed in the Renaissance Marriott ATL Concourse, located on the north side of the field, due to its proximity to the TechOps Center and the airport itself. We had a “Runway Room” on the upper floor, allowing me to have a great view of the airport. From our balcony, I was able to capture an extensive amount of photos. Here are some of my personal favorites…

Air France Boeing 777-300ER:

Lufthansa A330-300:

Tower + Delta Boeing 757-200:

Qatar A350-900:

DSCN0957

Turkish A330-200:

DSCN1061

KLM Boeing 777-200ER:

Tower at Night:

If you made it this far, thank you for checking out all my photos. I had an amazing time in Atlanta and will certainly not forget this experience.

If you have any questions about what I did, what I use to take photos or just anything in general, please ask away. :)

44 Likes

Nice pictures!

Great start. This is not just spotting however. It includes photos from his experience at the simulator (which is definitely not an airplane).

Cool photos, Bobby. Hope you buttered that landing in the simulator. 😉

5 Likes

I’m so jealous of you! I’ve always wanted to fly that simulator. ATL is for sure one of the coolest spotting places!

2 Likes

Did the sim cost a lot? Do you know how much it was?

2 Likes

You are one lucky man, Bobby! Glad to hear you had tons of fun :)

2 Likes

I was told that the simulator was worth around $10 million. They had 12 total in this building, and then two more buildings with additional aircraft types. They also said it was about $2500/hr to rent on certain occasions.

1 Like

Phew! That’s a lot. Well, I’m broke, so I guess I can just feel bad for myself 😂

2 Likes

For sure it is! Thankfully we didn’t have to pay that price tag… 😂

1 Like

Wow! The sim looks great, as well as the pictures! Good stuff 👍

1 Like

OMG the TK 332 looks amazing

1 Like

I’m so jelly dude. 😩😭 you visited bae. I so wanna go to the Delta TechOps, museum, & corporate headquarters. Glad you had a great time.

1 Like

Thank you! It was truly an amazing experience. 😄

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.