My Display name

Hello! When I try and type my IFC name in my display name or my full name, it does not let me enter it. If I spell it a bit differently, it lets me enter it but it won’t let me type my display name which contains my full name. Is there any reason why I cannot do this?

1 Like

What message does it give you? Your name may be exceeding the maximum amount of characters for the display name.

1 Like

It doesn’t give me that message. It gives me a different message. If I type the different spelling with the same or more characters it lets me

This may be due to the fact that Infinite Flight has “watched words”. Unfortunately, part of your last name could be the problem.

Next update, if you connect your community account, this shouldn’t be an issue for you. More information on that can be found here.

2 Likes

Yes that was my theory because it contains a word in it. Last name struggles lol

1 Like

How did you not figure that out the first time 😂😂

1 Like

Well I just was wondering if there was any way that IF could make it so i can type my name.

1 Like

Hi, did you enter the underline part of your username? If yes, then that’s the problem. Enter it without the underline and it will be both working and you should still be at the top of the user search if someone was to search for you.

I’ve tried it without the underline and it still doesnt let me do it

What is the specific error you are seeing. Can you share a screen shot. Can you put your last name by itself without any underscore.

It just says display name invalid please choose a different one

Yes I think its just because my last name has a word in it

I am 99.9% sure it is because of the last name containing a blocked word.

Waiting for 20.2 is your best bet as this functionality is being reworked.

1 Like

Is there any way that you can unblock my whole last name or no

Check your display name now :)

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Please be aware that any changes you make to this, will initiate the block again.
This will be a non-problem when 20.2 is released :)

2 Likes