My Discovery Flight

Details

Yesterday, I went on a discovery flight, which was a Christmas present from my parents. It was my first time in the cockpit of a plane! The weather was perfect. No clouds, and no wind.

I went in up in a C172, at Manassas Regional Airport.

We went through preflight, start-up, I got to do all of the taxi, and my CFI helped me with takeoff. We then flew south, away from the Dulles Bravo, towards Warrenton, VA. I got to do all of the flying, except for landing (I would’ve broken the runway). It was probably one of the best experiences of my life, and now I’m going to start training for my PPL! I’m really excited to be taking this step towards becoming a pilot!

I’ve included some photos from the flight, because I felt like sharing this important event in my life!

Aircraft Details:
Instruments: Analog & Digital

Photos

The tArMaC

Walk around

Examining the cockpit (I but a big white circle over the CFI’s face, because of privacy lol)

The Skyhawk cold and not so dark

During the run up, an ERJ-135 took off

A US Army RO-6A took off as well.

Volando near Culpeper Airport KCJR

Sadly no death grip 😔

Our route

Well, thats all that I’m gonna include. I hope you find the photos interesting, and if you have any tips for flight school, PLEASE, PUT THEM DOWN BELOW im begging you

Bye
46 Likes

Nice job homie, next step enter severe debt, come join the club

8 Likes

Great work! I got some good tips here

3 Likes

Noted, thanks 😉

@Jack_Q, thanks for the info!

2 Likes

American Aviation & Helicopters?

1 Like

Yep!

Those are some amazing photos you took!

1 Like

Good job @Aviation108

1 Like

@Frontier_18_YT @zion89
Thanks!

1 Like

Good job!!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

So lucky that you can onboard a GA aircraft!!

1 Like

Wow! This looks like it was an amazing flight! Awesome photos as well!

2 Likes

Thanks! I enjoyed it a lot!

1 Like

A discovery flight is something you will never forget!

Best of luck with ur training! PM me with any questions you may have im sure I can help! :)

- Blake

2 Likes

That’s an old 172, I hope it’s retrofitted.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I’m sure I’ll enjoy it. Gotta go, moms yelling at me to eat dinner lol

1 Like

Very nice! Are you guys already allowed to fly a motorplane here in Germany were just allowed to fly gliders.

1 Like

Don’t worry, its up to date 😉

No, ive still got a bit left to go till i can solo a plane but i can solo a glider! Though I’m not learning to fly one :P

1 Like