My Dad Just Recieved His New Type Rating

Hey there guys!

I am happy to say that earlier this morning, my dad recieved his Type Rating for the A350-1000. He will be a Captain Under Training until he reaches 250 Hours. This means his will be resigning from being a Captain on the A330.
This will be 8th Aircraft he has operated, and the 4th Airbus aircraft he has operated.
He will soon be notified of his first flight.
I will be updating this thread regularly

38 Likes

Wow, that’s very impressive of him! Hopefully you will able to take the steps of your dad very soon!

7 Likes

Amazing job! Hope he will enjoy it!

2 Likes

I think your father should be very excited to pilot a new aircraft

2 Likes

Does this mean he can also fly the A350-900?

Wow, congratulations! I hope to be able to fly as captain on A35K one day. Oh, one can dream.

2 Likes

Congratulations to him! I’ll have you know the A350 is on my list of things to fly in the future. Best of luck to him!

2 Likes

I believe so, they’re both are A350s so that more than likely means that he can fly A359 and A35K
because they have the same type rating. The A35K is the star of the show though ; )

2 Likes

A huge congratulations to your Dad for all the effort he put through to gain his A35K type rating! Wish him the best of luck for the future!

3 Likes

Nice!
Sounds to me like you’re proud of your dad.
Make sure you tell him!

5 Likes

Which aircrafts did he fly before the A330?

Ferry nice for your dad hope he has Good flights on this beast😀

He started off in a DH-8 for SA Express, Then moved to the CRJ-700, he then went on to SAA and flew the 320, 330, and 340, When he moved to Qatar he flew the 320 for a while before receiving his type rating for the 787. He left the 787 and went back to the good old 330, and recently moved to the 350-1000

8 Likes

Nice Job. tell your dad congrats

Congrats to your dad. Hope he will enjoy flying this incredible plane

Wow, personalyvI could not see myself leaving a 78 for a 330

Congrats to your dad. Hope he enjoys flying the A350!

A35K translates to A35,000 (thirtyfive-thousand)

Hah! True dat, but that is the official ICAO code for A350-1000, A35K. That’s funny though.

2 Likes

Similar to how the ICAO code is for the 787-10 is B78X
“X representing the roman numeral for 10”.

The aviation industry sure gets creative when numbering things.

3 Likes

Amazing!! Congrats to him! What airline will he fly for?