My Best Screenshots of 2021

Welcome to my best screenshots of the year 2021. It has been a very fun and exciting year for me on IF and IFC. Meeting new people and flying all around the globe, I had a blast!! To commemorate this amazing year of flying, here are my top 10 screenshots of the year!! Enjoy!!
All of these flights were flown on the expert server

Passing by the Cascade Volcanoes, including the infamous Mount St. Helens, Mt. Hood, Mt. Rainier as well as the lesser-known Mt. Adams in the absolutely beautiful Boeing 787-10 “Boeing House” livery. I think the blue of the livery matches in with the blue sky and mountain range so perfectly!!

Next up is a very underrated aircraft of IF, the Dash 8 Q400. This mighty turboprop is an absolute joy to fly and especially land, as it adds some challenge. Here is a flight around the Himalayas in this amazing prop airplane.

Obviously, I had to add the Bombardier CRJ jets. What an aircraft. Here is a Delta CRJ-900 taking off from Westchester Country airport on a daily flight to Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. This was also one of my first major use of photoshop and lightroom on an IF screenshot.

Yet another CRJ, but this time, it is the trusty CRJ-700 in the underrated yet spectacular Nordica-LOT livery landing at Munich airport. This was the first time I used editing to add a motion blur, and I really enjoy how it turned out.

Ah, the good old jetBlue ERJ-190. One of my favorites to fly, especially out of Westchester County Airport as part of my challenge. Here I am with EAviation after a flight from KHPN to KFLL. Still one of my favorite routes to date.

As you can tell, I am in love with Westchester County Airport. If you don’t believe me, here is another screenshot while making a flight out of Westchester County Airport in the Bombardier CRJ-200 to Chicago. The old livery combined with the small regional airport feel makes this one of my top screenshots of the year.

My first ever use of blurring and my first ever cockpit screenshot turned out pretty well, enough to make it into my top 10 screenshots of 2021.

There is something about this screenshot which I love. Perhaps it is the angle, or maybe the perspective. Whatever it is, it is clearly enough to make me consider this to be quite a fine capture.

This was one of my first ever lightroom edits. This was a magnificent moonshot as I was parked at Ørland Airport, Norway after hopping all the way from Ramstein Air Base in Germany in my A-10 Thunderbolt II “Warthog”

Sticking with the A-10, here is my absolute favorite screenshot ever in 2021. With the amazing lighting to the detailing of the A-10, all factors were perfect for a superb sunset screenshot.

Before I go, some things I would like to say:

1. This was not in any type of order, but rather just me listing out some of my favorite screenshots of this year. It was very hard to narrow it down to 10, and I had some difficult choices to make, but I am fully satisfied with my list.
  2. While I did not order them from worst to best or best to worst, I would love to hear your opinion on these, and feel free to order them according to your own opinion.
  3. As I said earlier, this was such a fantastic and amazing year of flying for me. Getting over 400 hours of flight time as well as recently breaking 300k xp, I have accomplished so much! And I would love to thank everybody, if you know me or not, for making this so much more enjoyable for me and I hope you have a fantastic rest of 2021, and an even better 2022.

Until then, I’ll see you in the skies!

39 Likes

Amazing pictures :) thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Glad that you liked them!

1 Like

Awesome pictures!

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment!

Fantastic pics :D
The A-10 one is my favourite. Those golden hour shots will never get old.

1 Like

Thanks. Sunset and sunrise photos are always nice with any plane, especially the A-10 :)

Looks awesome!
Good to see someone flying the Nordica CRJ, they used to fly to Groningen Eelde airport. Was a pleasure seeing them, unfortunately already 3 years ago :(.

1 Like

What do you use to edit your photos? And how did you add the motion blur?

Really nice 🎄💯♾✅

1 Like

Wow. Those are insane photos! 🤩

1 Like

I use a combination of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. And I used the motion blur filter on Photoshop with some masking.

1 Like

Thanks for the compliments @Noah_Wills and @Alexiadis98

1 Like

Amazing screenshots!

1 Like

I can understand why you call these your best shots omg they’re amazing

1 Like

Thanks both @slappy01 and @MiglMicheal for the compliments!!

@AlaskaAirfireball111 we got Washington featured and also nice pics

1 Like