My Atc Operations record

That’s a lot of hours!

HAAB was featured that day so the traffic was very. cool and steady…didn’t saw the time pass…

EGLL same and I had nice approaches partners so here. again, didn’t saw the time fly by.

Surely some hours lol (max permitted on ES is 12)

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the information

1 Like

The highest I’ve ever gotten was a 4 hour session on EDDF approach. I got more than 1400 operations

1 Like

That’s very good! :)

1 Like

My highest is 23 while ATCing ground at EGLL!

Ok! Thank you for the reply :)

:D no worries most of the people here seem to be IFATC which explains their total ops

1 Like

I think it’s a bit laggy cause it said 490* something just reached past 5k ops

1 Like

That’s great :)

It’s important to note, though, that operations do not mean that much. It’s really about what you do in your session, how you learn, and practice. From what I can see, there are only really two reasons for having them:

1. While you don’t need a ton of controlling experience to join IFATC, it is good if you familiarize yourself with not only the theory but the UI and the way it works. This is probably the reason for the 500 minimum IFATC operation count.

2. Just a way of quantifying Atc experience. You can have the best controller in the world only have 30k ops but a average controller with 70k. It doesn’t really mean a ton but it is really rewarding when you hit a milestone, just like my recent one of 80k!

Also, everyone puts their own amount of time into controlling, so be proud of what you can do, be supportive of what others can do, but no need to compare yourself to others as everyone is different :)

That being said, this thread has been a really cool place to share amazing achievements. I just wanted to remind everyone that it’s all individual accomplishment and not a comparison :)

7 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion, which I also agree with.

1 Like

Yeah of course, just sharing my new record that’s all :)

I’m not IFATC just a VATSIM controller lol

2 Likes

Also I know this isn’t related to this thread but where do I post my message saying I opened an airport on training server. I often control Sydney in Australia my home airport for an hour up to a two if I have the time and wanted to attract aircraft

2 Likes

Do you mean an ATC Tracking Thread?

1 Like

Hi! As Jinco said, I believe you are referring to an ATC Tracking Thread! The linked topic has all the info you need on that :DD

Please do note that such threads can only be made if you are currently in training with IFATC ;))

Also, especially since you’re a rated controller on VATSIM, it would be wrong not to recommend applying to become part of IFATC!

2 Likes

Oh alright thanks for the thread, appreciate it!

A couple of years ago I did actually contact Declan in regards to IFATC and got in the queue and did the test but then I decided to call it off due to real-life reasons and life getting busier by the second. One day I’ll love to make it happen will see. For now, will continue with VATSIM when I get a chance to even be on the monitors again to control, been a while haha

2 Likes

Wow, 12 hours that’s incredibly nice!

2 Likes

Understood! Everything on your terms. Life is indeed seeming to catch up to me too after these turbulent, pandemic-ridden years 😆😩

2 Likes

yeah that was cool! lol
I guess long hauls pilots were happy those days 😂

2 Likes