My app has crashed on final twice today

Hey all!! My app has crashed twice today. One on final from a long haul and another from a short haul. I was only able to complete two flights today with no problems. However my 1st and 4th flight, the app had crashed on final. I don’t know how to fix it. I just updated my device after those incidents, but I don’t know if it is the newest update. I would really like some help on how to fix this! Thanks!

Device: Iphone 11
Update: iOS 15.4.1

Try resetting the scenery cache, if that doesn’t work, delete and reinstall the app. This is a last resort option so don’t delete it unless you have tested all of your options.

Hey, @Bassfishing!

I’m going to guess this is the reason. I’ve been having the same issue since my iPad updated automatically overnight. 😐

1 Like

Actually, I just updated it after these incidents. So this can’t be the case. I just cleared the scenery cache, though.

1 Like

If you reinstall IF app wont you lose your progress ??

No it is stored on your account.

1 Like

you lose your solo log book, but online is recorded. All replays and settings get restored to default. Last time I reinstalled it signed me back in automatically and everything haha

1 Like

Thanks for heads up

Question to all just to make sure I’m understanding this correctly. If I were to delete the app and then re-download it, all of my online replays will be saved??

No, replays would be deleted. However, you could export the ones you wish to keep and you’ll be able to keep them after a reinstall.

But the people who replied further up on this topic said that it doesn’t delete replays.

Deleting the app will delete your replays as they are stored on your device and you’re deleting the app/data from your device. What won’t be deleted is your online logbook of flights and your stats as those are stored on Infinite Flight’s end, not your device.

As Elliot said, you can always export any replays you wish to keep if you were to delete the app. You’ll then be able to import them again after reinstalling.

2 Likes

It seems like the people above were talking about stats and logbook data being kept. The reason this doesn’t get deleted is because it is saved to your IF account which you can log into at any time on any compatible device. However due to the size of replay files they do not get saved to your account but are saved to your device, this means they are lost when you delete the app.

Did you get your replays back or no??

I’m having the same issues. I’m going to try and re download the app

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.