My aircraft just shut down

this is the second time this has happened, all my avionics and electronics just cut off, my engines shut down and my plane glided to the ocean from fl360 it happened a few weeks ago, and it has just happened again… Are you all aware of this?

Out of fuel?

1 Like

Sounds like you ran out of fuel - if APU isn’t ON, you’d lose power. Make sure to fill up enough fuel before departing :).
Which device, operating system and release number do you have?

Also do you have Pro? IIRC this happens when not having a Pro account and leaving the region.

1 Like

nope, i had over the amount i needed, she shut down dark

negative, had way more than needed

bro, i did not get to grade 5 forgetting to get fuel! trust me, i wouldnt have said anything except this is the second time this has happened

Alright, sounds weird. Are you able to share a replay of when it happened last? This way we can see what went wrong.

1 Like

again… gtade 5 been here 8 years, been paying the pro sub for a very long time, they have made bank off me

absolutely, ill find the other one as well

Alright and I’ve been here for 12, that’s not what matters. Can you share a replay :)

1 Like

yup, ill get it up asap!!

1 Like

Were you flying a 747?
There is a known issue which makes it use too much fuel, causing it to run out way too soon.

He said he’s been playing for over 8 years, I would assume he’s at least aware of the issue.

1 Like

I’ve been flying for almost 11 years and I didn’t know about it. 🙈
Probably because I almost never do long-hauls. 😉
And I don’t like the queen in her current state.
Otherwise it would have been my favorite aircraft. 🙂
So hoping it will be reworked next. 🤞🤞

2 Likes

Using IFPassengers add-on?

Interesting.

Honestly with the frequency of these topics you’d think it would be as easy as IF reducing the stated time in the fuel menu from 23:44 or whatever it is now to like 16:00 or something

1 Like

Maybe we should address the 747 fuel issue internally (again).
From what I can see, changing the data should be really easy.

2 Likes

no i was not, 777, but as it turns out i was in error! I had done the same but mis calculated my destination…so I STAND CORRECTED!

So heres the thing, When im wrong, I must admit to myself and others that i was wrong! Sadly I ran out of fuel…. yes yes, you were all right! what i did do however, was forget to activate V/NAV and i simply OVERSHOT THE AIRPORT… and ran out of fuel! So SORRY INFINITE GODS! THE FAULT WAS SOLEY ON ME!!!

1 Like

You were correct, I ran out of fuel…. because i was not supposed to go that far!!! 😂🤣 I was working and flying and was completely oblivious to the fact i had long past my destination… so um yeah, luckily, i did not receive any violations, and well, guess ill refly! sorry about the misunderstanding !