My 70 Hour Flight on Infinite Flight

Greetings Fellow Community Members!

I am delighted and pleased to share with you my longest flight on Infinite Flight of 70 Hours 50 Minutes.

I accomplished this task using my trusted queen of the skies, the Boeing 747-8 Freighter. Keep in mind that every leg was completed with a single takeoff and landing, without needing to refuel. Every leg was flown with 10 passengers (pilots + crew), full cargo capacity amd (needless to say) a full tank of fuel.

Leg 1
Route : Philadelphia, US (KPHL) - Perth, AUS (YPPH)
Distance : 10,085nm
Flight time : 00:00 - 23:36 (23H 36M)

Leg 2
Route : Perth, AUS (YPPH) - Philadelphia,US (KPHL)
Distance : 10085nm
Flight time : 23:36 - 45:52 (22H 16M)

Leg 3
Route : Philadelphia, US (KPHL) - Bogota, CO (SKBO)
Distance : 2100nm
Flight Time : 45:52 - 50:40 (04H 48M)

Leg 4
Route : Bogota, CO (SKBO) - Jakarta, ID (WIII)
Distance : 10710nm
Completed Distance : 8750nm (82% - Throttles Cut)
Flight Time : 50:40 - 70:50 (20H 10M)

During leg 4, the flight was going perfectly. Fuel and flight time were looking fantastic. With my current fuel burn, I was to land at Jakarta (WIII) with at least 1 hour of extra fuel.

However, at flight time 70:50 , I got a system error that my account was being used on another device, and the throttles were cut. Live server got disconnected and my aircraft began to fall. To avoid a potential over speed violations, I (sadly, yet satisfied with what I had achieved) ended the flight.

Interesting facts about my flight:

1. Those who say it is impossible to fly the 747-8 non-stop without refuelling for such a long distance, I can assure you it is very much possible. It all comes down to fuel burn management and step climbing just a the right time.

2. All my west-bound flights (Leg 1 and Leg 4) were flown with 100kts+ headwinds for the entire duration of the flight. (Since Leg 3 was a short flight, it did not have any major effect on my flight time). So, those who say I took advantage of tailwinds, you are certainly mistaken. As for Leg 2 which was indeed flown east-bound, I did infact get great tailwinds of 80kts+ which led to my landing with approximately 3 hours of extra fuel. Imagine how much farther I could have flown if I had just kept going (Greenland was completely within reach at that point).

3. Many will ask about my device. I only own one device which has Infinite Flight installed on it, amd that is my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Qualcomm variant, not Exynos). You’d be surprised to find out that it is also my daily driver. I do not own another phone, nor did I swap sim cards for this project. I simply had the weekend off from work and decided to spend the time this way. Besides, if you really think about it, it’s basically taking off and leaving your device for an entire day before preparing for landing. It’s not like I sat with my device throughout the flight.

4. This flight was definitely done on the Expert server. So, for those who say it is better to fly on casual in fear of vios, just remember that if you do everything right, nothing bad will ever happen. I agree none of my legs were in controlled airspace, but even if they were, I would have happily utilized our IFATC services.

5. Notice that my selection of routes was very specific. These routes of have great significance as they are the farthest airports in the world (as per greater circle distance). After alot of research, I found out that the route SKBO-WIII was the No.1 longest route in the world, coming in at a whopping 10,710nm. Keep in mind that the circumference of the earth is 21,600nm , this is quite literally a flight half way around the world.

6. All my flight were flown by following proper aircraft procedures and with complete flight plans which I made manually by hand on IF. They were not taken from any website and none of them were in the amateur WPT-ICAO format. I have the flight plans written down, incase anyone is interested to fly these routes. I would be happy to share them.

7. As shown in the pictures below, Upon every landing my fuel used is displayed clearly. If I were to have landed, refueled and taken off again, the fuel used counter resets. Also, there is no way for me to dump fuel this much, as the fuel dump feature only allows you dump until the aircraft is below maximum landing weight, not below that value. This is just a proof to those who might question my single takeoff - single landing flight claim.

My goal was to complete 100 hours, but sadly the system did not let me. Had I not been thrown off the server, I definitely would have flown the return flight WIII-SKBO for another 25ish hours and gotten to the 100 hour mark. Regardless, I am very happy at my achievement and wanted to share it with all of you.

Leg 1 : Landing at YPPH

Leg 2 : Landing at KPHL

Leg 3 : Landing at SKBO

Leg 4 : My final screenshot before throttles cut near AUS.

My XP earned : 42,990

Screenshot_20190611-031359

This flight was initially planned as a celebratory flight of me reaching 2 Million XP, however due to the system disconnecting, I fell short by 2,000 XP (3.5 hours).

Nonetheless, I look forward to reading all your comments and feedback.

Thank you for taking time to read this post.

Blue Skies and Happy Landings!

Regards,
Amaar Viqar
CEO Etihad Airways Virtual

34 Likes

Hi there

Congrats, However can you post it here:

1 Like

Thanks for the link @Hamza.N. I am aware of that thread and have messaged the OP to add my name into the list as well.

1 Like

philadepia to perth is insaneπŸ˜€πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Well Done, Amaar

I am so happy for you :) , please keep it up

1 Like

This can be it’s own thread. As it’s not asking people what their longest flight is, he’s just putting it out there on his own thread about this amazing accomplishment. Congrats man:)

4 Likes

Wow that must be an amazing accomplishment I might fly KPHL to YPPH

1 Like

Well done! And congrats! Good job! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ€©πŸ₯³πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Ž

2 Likes

70 hours?! That’s bizarre! Congrats!

1 Like

Some dedication

1 Like

That is incredible my friend!

2 Likes

Your device must be transformed into B747.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.