My 6th flight lesson!

Howdy! Today I had my 6th flight lesson, but it was my first one in a while. I went over to KGTU at genesis flight school and flew a C172S (I think it was an S). My instructor surprised me with the suggestion of flying south towards Downtown!! We flew right over downtown and saw some awesome stuff. We flew over my house, my grandma’s house, a park my family likes, Zilker park, the Pennypecker bridge, lake Travis, lake Georgetown, UT, the capital of Texas, the UT tower, the UT stadium, and we flew close to KAUS! We were tuned in to KAUS approach, so we could hear all the flights checking in and what not. We even heard Norwegian air shuttle! (Rednose 7181) they had an accent too lol. This lesson was awesome, and we buttered in the end. I took off, flew us downtown, and even turned us around. We practiced flying with wind effect and how to correct it. Infinite flight has helped so much with my knowledge, and my instructor was very impressed with me and my knowledge. I would just like to thank IF and everyone on IFC. My instructor even said I’m a “natural”! Enjoy these pics, it was really hard to pick the best ones. @BadPlane and my other fellow Austinites (and other peeps too) PLEASE PM me if you want to see more pics of downtown and whatnot. Thank you all once again. Enjoy!

24 Likes

Well once again the pics aren’t in order. Anyways, comment your favorite and please leave a like! Thank you!

Nice job I can’t decide which one is my favorite I like all of them 😂👍🏽😄

3 Likes

Hope you enjoyed your lesson! I fly regularly in a PA28… I was originally hoping for a C172, but I think this underwing is better, with only 1 fault in the last 30-40 years of its service… That fault was the spark plug… Which also happened to be my first ever flight…

4 Likes

Haha rip lol. I was flying a C162 and the door blew off mid flight. On my side. 3k feet up. And we had to do a left turn.😂🤦🏾‍♂️😬 That was scary

3 Likes

About 2 years ago it was crazy. PM me if you want full details

1 Like

Wow that’s scary

My flight school just became licensed for Cirrus s22 and stuff so I’ll switch to that eventually

1 Like

4 Likes

Nice pic! It’s amazing in the cockpit

To be honest it looks easier Flying IRL than in IF

2 Likes

It’s more fun IRL, that’s for sure😉

3 Likes

It sure looks it

2 Likes

Where do you do your flight lessons @Suhas

1 Like

Genesis flight school at KGTU

1 Like

Cool, I was looking at a flight school in Georgetown as I’m in the Cedar Park area.

Nice! That’s really cool, I live in Leander near Georgetown

Maybey I’ll look at your flight school

1 Like

Flight lessons are awesome! My flight school operates a fleet of PA28 Warriors.

2 Likes

Nice. My flight school is having brand new cirrus’s Delivered. One got delivered LAST NIGHT. I got to see it it was niice