My 1st true A380 flight

Alright, I know I already flew the new Airbus A380 but I did like a “test” flight from Toulouse, France 🇫🇷 to London Heathrow, UK 🇬🇧☕️ so it doesn’t really count since it isn’t an actual passenger route but yesterday I flew my 1st passenger A380 flight and I went with probably the most popular route for the new whale 🐳 which was also number one on the top A380 routes and of course I’m talking about

NRT → HNL

Yeah, Tokyo Narita, Japan 🇯🇵 to Honolulu, Hawaii 🏝️🌺 literally on day of release I counted at least 20 or so flying honus going between the 2 cities which I waited until now to do this flight to especially since parking is limited with the A380 but now that the route has “died off” it was time to give it a go so here we are!

Flight Info

Origin: Narita International 🇯🇵 ( RJAA )
Destination: Daniel K. Inouye International Airport 🇺🇸 ( PHNL )
Flight Time: 6:10
Airbus A380 ( ANA - Kai )
Server: Expert

Todays adventure begins in Narita’s terminal 1 where ANA operate out of here at for those wondering, why does their A380s ONLY fly NRT → HNL and back? Well it’s because before the pandemic it was actually one of the MOST BUSIEST international routes from the United States 🇺🇸 so it makes sense to use it on this route than any other due to the demand for travel between Tokyo and Honolulu, JAL, Zipair and Hawaiian also operate this route competing with ANA although they all use much smaller aircraft and all these airlines expect Zipair also fly to HNL from the much bigger Haneda airport even Delta flies this route so there is definitely demand for it but let’s get on board!

Our take off from Narita wasn’t the easiest especially with very high gusting winds but it could’ve gone worse 🤷‍♂️

Last look at Japan 🇯🇵 as we now head over the vast Pacific Ocean for the next 6 hours, Mount Fuji is hiding somewhere can you find it? 🤔

We climbed somewhat high for tonight’s journey to be specific, FL390 where the crew started coming around for dinner and someone decided to fly a DRONE up to the flying honu and FOLLOW it till Honolulu, how was this legal? But anyways, I’ll come back when it’s light outside!

Sunrise up ahead! And we a still don’t have land in sight 😂 bet we are approaching Hawaii 🏝️🌺 soon so we are getting closer but around a few hours later or so, the crew came around with breakfast and sure enough, the drone was still there.

We began our descent into Honolulu just a bit west from the coasts of the islands of Ni’ihau and Kaua’i and eventually flying between them and going right above Lihue.

Finally, the island of O’ahu appeared in the horizon and it was to land on HNLs Runway 8L and after a very good flight and with a sad little float at the end, welcome to Honolulu, Hawaii! 🏝️🌺 this flight went extremely smooth and wasn’t insanely long so if your looking for a 6 hour A380 flight, this one might be the one for you.

A soldier even spotted us while entering Pearl Harbor!

Welcome to a very beautiful and sunny Honolulu! While looking at Kai the flying turtle one last time, now the passengers can enjoy the nice beaches of Hawaii 🏝️🌺 I’m glad you guys joined me in this trip, stay tuned for next Friday as we embark on a new trip to a new country and new island 👀 and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

24 Likes

Stunning shots!!

1 Like

I still haven’t done mine yet 😅

1 Like

Neither have i lol

1 Like

@QFA_12 thanks!!

@IF.Kaden you gotta soon it’s a great aircraft!

Found this mistake, probably want to delete it if you want to.

1 Like

I don’t see it on my end

1 Like