Loved your post - so nice when people share things on IF what their really excited about.
This first time…I recommend you remember it, and celebrate it.
Because after the second time, the first time is in the past.
And after the 150th time…when was my first time again?
Training Server is a cool place, with live air traffic controllers.
Apart from a place where pilots and ATC learn, you also find pilots who totally ignore the rules and the ATC instructions and ATCs who seem to try to create confusion, rather than structure.
Please don’t become one of them.
Careful for violations!!
Violations are created by the IF system when you break a rule for longer than 20 seconds.
- don’t taxi faster then 34 knots
- under 10,000 don’t fly faster than 249 knots
- don’t sit on a runway for too lang
- don’t exceed the max speed of your aircraft
- don’t do acrobatic manouvres (loops, etc) near an airport
Tip: use this time to learn, and become a great pilot. Watch the pilot tutorials, and even watch some of the ATC tutorials.
- look around you, before pushback or taxi
- give way to others; trust me: you will get there soon enough
- keep an eye on your radar screen to monitor other traffic on the ground or in the air
- keep your distance from other aircrafts
- follow the ATCs instructions, and remember: he or she is learning too
- don’t enter a runway without ATC permission
- don’t switch to Tower ATC during taxi
- spawn in an aircraft that makes some sort of sense for the airport. You don’t always need an A380.
- when you request ‘departing straight out’ then make sure you do so
- ‘remaining in the pattern’ does not mean ‘I’m waiting my turn’
And finally: relax and have fun 🔆