Munich Approach North & South controllers

I flew into Munich tonight as I wanted to experience the full experience at an airport with an active ATC in the expert server. Full credit to all controllers including tower and ground.

I was just wondering how do you get so good at approach controlling their was like 12 aircraft all inbound for Munich and they controlled it like true professionals.

23 Likes

Special training goes into controlling a radar frequency

1 Like

It all comes down to practice. Being a main hub for the day, the best and most experiences controllers are set of the job to control the airspace. They’ve been trained and have been controlling a lot.

1 Like

They are dedicated members who dedicate a lot of time to master this! They are trained to the max to insure good quality. It’s great to see that you enjoyed their service!

2 Likes

IFATC is put through a filter of two tests. Then, those controllers are taken and put through another filter to find the best of the best (quite literally) to be radar controlers.

1 Like

Hey!
It just comes down to practice. After you complete training, you’re a long way from actually controlling the busy HUBs. Approach is like a never ending puzzle which you have to try and solve. You don’t start of with a 1000 piece puzzle, you increase your limits with time and confidence.

1 Like

I’m so glad that you had a great experience. If you remember the names of the controllers, we can help you give them a personal congrats!

3 Likes

IFATC truly appreciates this. Typically on the forum, we as controllers are typically called out for any minor mistake or delays, most of the time which aren’t our fault. Very rarely do people reach out to say thank you. I personally, was not your controller, however this message has been passed along. Thank you so much.

7 Likes

when I flew in today, around 1500 Zulu, Arthur and Sushi Lover were on the approach. I dealt with sushi lover and he was fantastic, and I’ve dealt with @Arthur on more than one occasion and he is also fantastic. I respect any radar controller because of the effort that they put in, and more generally all of the IFATC team are all great at what they do.

9 Likes

@liamjanes hey welcome to IFC

2 Likes

I agree. @Arthur is a very good ATC for approach. Every time i see him he is an approach and he can get picky like when i was barely aligned with the wrong runway but that’s OK and that means he’s really watching us well and he knows what he’s doing.

7 Likes

Here is a video of @TAI’s north approach today at EDDM. It is very impressive of what he can do!

10 Likes

Thank you man! It means a lot!

1 Like

Very cool to see that he was the one who vectored me in Munich today! I was KLM 294 and he did a very impressive job. Thank you for being such a great Approach! @TAI

3 Likes

Now everyone can see all of the efforts that the IFATC put into there work!

4 Likes

Must have used the wrong name, I only remembered seeing “Sushi Lover” 😂

1 Like

That’s his username

3 Likes

It’s good to see people enjoying these ATC services. Kudos to all controllers. Your work right now does not go unnoticed!

3 Likes

No problem thank you for your fantastic work, EZYVA522

I was EZYVA522 so if you could pass on my thanks to the controllers who controlled that airspace around 8-10 that would be appreciated, hope to see you in the skies one time :D thank you.