MrFly’s ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed]

Looking to practice atc, please come by enjoy pattern work or fly outs/ins. Please be professional and know what you’re doing if you wish to provide your expertise. Thank you!

1 Like

Come by to PHNL

Hey there. I was EC-DCP

Really solid control, no issues from my side :)

• Transition: good

• Pattern entries: good

• Sequencing: good

• Clearances: good (corrected on time my 1st clearance)

• Go around to the other aircraft: on time

MINOR THING:

• Exit runway comand: a little bit late (send exit runway comand if aircraft on runway are at 60kts. or below)

Regards, Dani.

2 Likes

Thank good sir! I understand

1 Like

Hello. I was W001SU.
Really nice job. You almost got it.
Everything was fine. The go around was really good as we didn’t know if the other airplane would exit runway.
Only thing was the exit command came a bit late. Everything else was ok.
Keep working almost done

1 Like

That seems to be a issue this exit command. I will fix

IFATC written test says that you should do exit commands on landing roll

1 Like

That is part of the landing roll. It’s a general descriptor given to the action of slowing down on the runway.

1 Like

Yes, but he says that you should say it when plane is bellow 60kts

1 Like

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a good benchmark. The pilot can choose to enact a go around even after he’s touched down for whatever reason, so care must be given not to issue an exit too soon.

3 Likes

Yes, I didn’t want to push the issue and under mind that a exit command needs to be prompt. However, the aircrafts in question were both GA. And from my experience 50/60knots is super close to rotation speed. It’ll take only a few more seconds at full throttle (Cessna will be full throttle) to be at Vr. So, I figure I wait till a little closer to taxi speed for a GA. And save the exit runway at 70 knots for jets.

GA’s a different story. In that case, it’s fine. One of the benchmarks of a solid controller is adjusting for multiple aircraft types, so you’re already well on your way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.