MQ-25 Stingray

Source: Boeing
Information:
The MQ-25 is an unmanned aircraft system designed for the U.S. Navy. It will provide the needed robust refueling capability thereby extending the combat range of deployed Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet, Boeing EA-18G Growler, and Lockheed Martin F-35C fighters. The MQ-25 brings the right combination of refueling, autonomy, and seamless carrier deck integration to deliver a solution that meets the U.S. Navy’s goals: put a low-cost unmanned aerial refueling aircraft on the flight deck as soon as possible.

Performance/Additional information:
Much of the performance statistics of the MQ-25 are classified and therefore unreachable, so it might be best to give this aircraft some time before having it put into IF.
I was able to find out that it will be running on a Rolls-Royce engine, most likely the Rolls-Royce AE 3007, which is used on some of the US Navy’s other drones.
This aircraft is also able to have underwing pylon tanks and can carry armament on those same pylons.

Why we need this in Infinte Flight:
The current aerial re-fueler in Infinte flight is cumbersome and not very maneuverable, this aircraft would also allow players other options in what they would like to fly for military simulation and aerial re-fueling.

This is part of the reason that Airbus aircraft, hasn’t come out. If there’s not enough info, FDS likely can’t make it. Just my two cents. Nice thread layout, by the way.

5 Likes

Yea drones for the U.S Navy is pretty much going to be locked out until everyone starts having these kind of drones.

1 Like

Very interesting plane, but a drone in IF?

1 Like

Daaamnn this looks absolutely amazing !
But I doubt that we will ever see drones in IF :(
Just imagine you control the MQ and your friend with KC-10 refuels you lol 😆 It wouldn’t be the same as in a fighter jet

2 Likes

Ahh you know what guys :) I will vote for it and yes, I am the only one but maybe there are some more personal out there who like it ✈️
Additionally, @Aceorbit‘s arguments are right on point !

I will support this topic and in general drones ! I will also create a topic in the future why we need them :)
Looks just awesome: