Moving traffic from SoCal

I don’t now about you guys but I’m fed up of going to fly on IF and finding that all the traffic is in SoCal. Can we try to move the traffic to a different region such as Denver or Miami. If you guys and girls agree please comment and actually do something about it.

Playground Server

8 Likes

here’s a pole:

• Move Traffic Out of SoCal
  • Keep Traffic in SoCal
  • I Don’t Really Care

0 voters

2 Likes

It’s been done and accomplished many times on advanced server. I’ve flown in fully staffed Seattle, Denver, NYC, London, Amsterdam, Caribbean, South Florida and Oshkosh (Rarely for OSH though obviously) and marginally staffed Charlotte.

Much less so on playground.

4 Likes

People go where ATCs go, and SoCal always has at least three aiports with a Tower and Ground. Playground. I don’t know Advanced.

3 Likes

If people started doing ATC a Chicago people might follow. The region has 500 airports!

7 Likes

Adding to what others have said the SoCal region is also free which is a large factor

2 Likes

And because its big. It also has San Clemente. Why is military air base so attractive?

3 Likes

I was flying at San Clemente before live.

1 Like

When I flew in solo, I loved going to the obscure far off island airports, flying over water makes it seen like something much more significant than SAN-PSP for ex. I can’t speak for everyone but that was just me.

HHR-AVX-NUC was my bread and butter route for a while.

The long and wide runway also may make it attractive since people’s beloved widebodies can fly somewhere-there are only so many places a 767 can land at in IF.

3 Likes

Fly Advanced.

We switch up regions daily.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

The main factors are:

1. Region size.
  2. Free.

Regions which have this requirements:

1. Chicago.
  2. Amsterdam.
  3. Singapore & Kuala Lumpur.
  4. SoCal.
4 Likes

A problem is that ATCs leave rather fast.

2 Likes

People have to rack up 10000XP and landings first.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

MaxSez: Why SoCal? Like moths to a flame! The 1730Q ATC in APP staffing chart tells the tale. At that time and for the major part of the day there where only 4 Advance ATC positions staffed in all regions. They where all in SoCal. The PG had 13 positions filled, 9 in SoCal and 4 in the Carib. There something about SoCal thats a Controller draw. This weeks Staffing App Chart also tellls a tail, ATC emphasis SoCal. Why buy another region if ATC services are solely vested in SoCal? Why fly another region other than SoCal if you want your Live monies worth? There is an IF reginal world to explore. As long as SoCal provides the “bestest” ATC service the moth will continue to hover it its glow! I’m with you @Josh_Mcmunn!

3 Likes

I have tried this before & got about 40-50 people to south Florida on PG before. I may arrange it again at some point.

4 Likes

That sounds nice. 50 is a nice number to fly without lag too.

2 Likes

Yea it was very busy with 4 airports open with tower & ground on each & approach jumping in & out. It was fun hope to do it again maybe this week.

2 Likes