Moveable map on your HUD

I believe we should be able to adjust the map to our liking in our HUD. It sometimes gets in the way of the live cockpit and covers up your asi. Thoughts?

I see you point, but the radar on the plane displays your flight plane already and the full map is just 1 click away.

5 Likes

You can always remove it from the HUD if it gets in the way but I see your point.

3 Likes

The live cockpit map is a lot harder to see. I generally take my hud off and just use the HUD Map

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure where else you would put the map, the rest of the screen is taken up by the HUD and your on screen controls.
You can always temporarily remove it if it’s in your way by hiding it under the HUD controls

3 Likes

I don’t use the whole HUD, just the HUD Map.

1 Like

But you still have the rest of the controls on screen which take up all available space except the very middle, and if you put the map in the middle of the screen you’ll block the view ahead.
I mean, pilots don’t typically fly with Google maps open irl, if it blocks your view just hide it until you need it again

1 Like

There’s a setting that allows you to have the HUD display the map only.

2 Likes

I see your point, however I disable the map on the HUD as it doesn’t help in my opinion

1 Like

That’s what I have stated in my previous comments…

Then what are you suggesting? Being able to move the physical map around on the screen?

Please elaborate on your topic with more detail in the future. The following statement doesn’t make sense as the moving map is below the IAS when in HUD mode so it can’t cover it up.