Move CAPTAIN (NO VC) to first row of the camera options

In the camera views there is two options, if you like to use the HUD cameras.

1. HUD: Fixed (meaning you can’t pan around), located in the first row, on all aircraft.
  2. CAPTAIN (NO VC): Able to pan around, located somewhere in the second row, on all aircraft.

Request: With the advent of the new working virtual cockpits that do not require a HUD to fly, in my opinion I think the CAPTAIN (NO VC) camera option should be moved to the first row in the camera options in all aircraft with the HUD, instead of the second row, in a future update.

Here’s my reasons why I think it should be moved.

Reasons

I’m going to use the XCub as an example, but the same logic applies for other aircraft. The current camera options go as follows.

Row 1: HUD
Row 2: CAPTAIN - DOWN, CAPTAIN, CAPTAIN (NO VC), PANEL (FULL)

I’m proposing that CAPTAIN (NO VC) be moved to the first row.

Row 1: HUD, CAPTAIN (NO VC)
Row 2: CAPTAIN - DOWN, CAPTAIN, PANEL (FULL)

One, as you may know, each camera row has it’s own HUD settings. You have the option of “HUD”, “HUD MIN”, “HUD MAP”, and “HUD OFF”, in systems. So for example, if you like to quickly switch in between CAPTAIN (NO VC) and the PANEL (FULL) camera options mid-flight, but like using the “HUD” systems option for the CAPTAIN (NO VC) because it’s pan-able, unfortunately the PANEL (FULL) will have a HUD. So it will look like this.

If CAPTAIN (NO VC) was moved to the first camera row with HUD, you’d be able to configure the cockpit cameras and hud cameras, separately. No more ugly looking PANEL (FULL) whilst still maintain a HUD on the CAPTAIN (NO VC) camera.

Second, it just would make switching in between the cockpit cameras and HUD cameras that much faster because you’d just need to do a quick tap or hold/drag to the left/right to switch between the two. Not a hold drag up and down.

Now, I know what you’re probably wondering… why in the world would you not want to use anything other then the beautiful cockpit cameras, exclusively!? Well, one reason is device performance, for some it’s simply not feasible to use the cockpit cameras for an extended period of time, only short bursts, [I’m one of those people]. Second reason, preference. Some just prefer using the HUD [eh, sure I’m one of those people too sometimes]. So, in a future update, it would be nice if the HUD centric camera views could be separated from the Cockpit centric camera views. Thanks for reading!

If you get the idea, feel free to just skip my reasons, but they will provide context.

I’m simply Confused.
Could you maybe explain more

This is pure genius…great idea.

2 Likes

Again, going to use the XCub as an example just for consistency sake. The current camera options go as follows.

Row 1: HUD
Row 2: CAPTAIN - DOWN, CAPTAIN, CAPTAIN (NO VC), PANEL (FULL)

I’m proposing that CAPTAIN (NO VC) be moved to the first row.

Row 1: HUD, CAPTAIN (NO VC)
Row 2: CAPTAIN - DOWN, CAPTAIN, PANEL (FULL)

Read my reasons why to get some context as to why I think that would be a good idea, but this applies to any aircraft. Would be better IMO to split up the HUD cameras and cockpit cameras.

1 Like

Would be amazing if this could be added in the next update or a future one! I love having the ability to look around when flying VFR, in this camera view!

2 Likes

Looks good. I’ll give it a vote.

Thank you!

2 Likes