Mountains to Metropolis

Hey hey hey!

Weโ€™re back with the 5th flight of our World Tour series! Today, we will be embarking on the ancient delta 767 to fly from Bogota ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด to JFK ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ!

World Tour route
    1. NRT ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต - BKK ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
    1. BKK ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ - MEL ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
    1. MEL ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ - SCL ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฑ
    1. SCL ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฑ - BOG ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด
    1. BOG๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด - JFK ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
    1. JFK ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ - YVR ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
    1. YVR ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ - LAX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
    1. LAX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ - CPH ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ
    1. CPH ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ - FCO ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
    1. FCO ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น - LHR ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    1. LHR ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง - CPT ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
    1. CPT ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ - JNB ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
    1. JNB ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ - DXB ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช
    1. DXB ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช - MNL ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ
    1. MNL ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ - ICN ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ท
    1. ICN ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ท - NRT ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต

This flight will take us from the tip of the South American continent, to the east coast of America. Weโ€™re going to see a dramatic change in environment and vibe as we continue our flight, as we will take off from Bogota, a city located in the middle of the mountains, and land at New York, a bustling metropolis.

Colombian Coco Rice recipe
  • Server: Expert
  • Route: BOG๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด - JFK ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
  • Aircraft: Delta 767-300
  • Flight time: 5 hours 15 minutes
  • Flown on March 17

Enjoy!

Bogota

We are parked at gate next to a fellow Avianca 787! (At the back) The same plane we flew in the previous World Tour series flight! We arrived at Bogota at sunset last flight, so we will take off at sunrise today just sandwiching a night stay!
I must say, knowing how long ago the 767 we are flying today (at the front) was designed into the game, it looks absolutely fabulous! Especially with the sunrise!

The Avianca and I commence the push back at exactly the same time, resulting in this cool shot! We face the same direction heading towards the same runway. Who gets there first??

Blast off! I love how this shot turned out, with the stunning Bogota airport in the background! Unfortunately, it was ruined by the glitch of lighting not being able to be rendered properly.

We bank left to continue our flight to JFK! Woah, Bogota airport really reflects the rising sunshine magnificentlyโ€ฆ
โ€ฆ
Enough being fascinated! We have to climb extra fast today in order to fly over the mountains that surrounds Bogota!

Cruise

Finally reached our cruising altitude of 35,000 feet. We leave the South American continent as we fly over the highest mountain of Colombia, Pico Cristobal Colon. It has an astonishing height of around 18,000 feet, which made it look extra close to us during our cruise.

A few hours into the flight, we fly over a luxury beach resort called the Turks and Caicos Islands. Located in the south eastern Bahamas, these coral islands are full of beauty that attracts the wealthy. Although it is far away, these islands are a British Overseas Territory. Interesting to know!

We turn our plane to the right as we approach JFK. Over the clear blue Atlanticโ€ฆ Somehow, it feels a little different compared to the strong loneliness and vastness the Pacific Ocean inflicted. The Atlantic feels moreโ€ฆ Busy. Perhaps itโ€™s from the never-ending traffic between Europe and America.

JFK

In a matter of minutes, we descend to the metropolis. The vibe is surely different from what I experienced in Bogota! New York feels more busy, bustling, and full of unique wonders. Bogota felt quiet, comfortable and relaxing. The New York airspace was uncontrolled, and all the aircrafts in the area had to control their planes themselves. This turned into a little trouble as this Singapore A380 cut in front of me for final approachโ€ฆ

Ugh, the sheer size of this A380 didnโ€™t let it stop in timeโ€ฆ Oh noโ€ฆ If I keep going for approach, Iโ€™m going to crash into it!

- you can alllwaaayyysss go around ๐ŸŽต

A song made by an aviation Youtuber. Struck me at the right time!
I do a manuever called a go-around, where a plane increases its power, and lifts itself up to the air for a 2nd try at an approach!

We do a little loop around New York, one of the busiest cities in the world at just over 3000 feet. That means only a few thousand feetโ€™s above the giant skyscrapers New York holds!

Finally, Touchdown! Without anyone in front nor back, I managed to land the 767 in peace.

That was my flight from Bogota to New York! I must say, this was an interesting flight, as we used the Delta 767. It is one of the oldest airliner models that exist in Infinite flight, yet it wasnโ€™t half as bad as I thought it wouldโ€™ve been. I think this is an underrated aircraft in the community for sure!

Which photo was your favourite?
    1. Parked at gate
    1. Lined up with AVIANCA 787
    1. Take off!
    1. Leaving Bogota
    1. Leaving the South American continent
    1. Islands
    1. Over the Atlantic
    1. Final approach to JFK
    1. Go around!
    1. Landing
0 voters

The next flight will be from JFK ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ , the East Coast of North America, to all the way to Vancouver ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ, the West Coast of North America! Coming soon!

To those who read this far, here is a yummy Colombian Coco rice ๐Ÿš

Cheers! Have a good one.

13 Likes

Yay! My favorite plane!
Honestly, the 767 isnโ€™t the worst plane to fly.

but it isnโ€™t the best

1 Like

Yes, I completely agree. I hope the 767 gets a rework soon!

767 deserves some love!

1 Like

Definitely!

I donโ€™t know if you have people fly with you, but if you want some company at all on any legs feel free to ping me and I should appear within minutes. Great idea to make a world tour, I would but am too lazy to figure things out. Great job.

2 Likes