Mountain

If your in Solo Mode, how do you indenify how high you need to go over the mountains

1 Like

You don’t know exactly how high the mountains are, but the terrain warning can help.

2 Likes

Yes the terrain warning map:

Red = 100’

Yellow = 1000’

2 Likes

What…

Red= 100 FT?

Yellow = 10000 FT?

3 Likes

Yes, the terrain warning map, that’s the color coding :) *1000, not 10000

1 Like

What…

Yellow = 1000

Red 100000

Those are the heights that the mountains are below your position. That doesn’t mean the mountain is 1000ft. I thought red meant you will collide and yellow meant >1000ft clearance?

No, red is 100’ AGL

1 Like

From Matt :)

2 Likes

One of the instrument-board-at-the-bottom-thing’s options, is to show ‘Altitude AGL’ I belive this stands for ‘at ground level’ meaning, as you’re flying over the mountains, you are shown the distance from the base of your plane to the terrain at that point. If you fly at a constant (standard) altitude with the autopilot and fly over mountains, ‘Altitude AGL’ will go up, and down, and up, and down because the height of the mountains below you goes up and down and up etc. As others have mentioned, the terrain warning on the map is also useful if you want a danger-view on the altitiude :)

1 Like

At least 1000 AGL is what I would suggest. You can turn your alt above GL on in the “toolbar”

1 Like

haa, true, i fly to nxp but i designed before the mountains but the indicates says a fly into the mountains

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.