Mountain wave turbulence

I have noticed in IF when flying over mountains when it’s windy the turbulence is just the same as when I am flying over flat plains, it would be really cool to have this affect when winds go above 25kts over the mountains then we would have the leeward affect and things like that.

Well, we already have real world weather data, so I assume the “mountain’ effect would be reflected in the weather received from the weather data, right?

2 Likes

It’s not reported irl.

But the weather data is…?

The mountain waves aren’t reported. Last post for real this time see you in 11h very sorry.

1 Like

Not 100% sure whether this covers what your requesting, but the turbulence which can happen around mountains is definitely present, at least a high altitudes just as @Thunderbolt wrote. You can experience this on a windy/thundery day when crossing the Alps for example.

And not every mountain wind/wave immediately means turbulence must happen as far as I am aware.

1 Like

This is a nice request as when paragliders fly from an mountain, they can climb with the reflection of the wind, I haven’t seen this in IF

2 Likes

How are mountain waves not reported? If they have the turbulence data and the mountains cause more turbulence, then it would there would be turbulence above mountains in the sun.

1 Like

To check my understanding, is this the same as so called “Mechanical turbulence” or is that something else?

1 Like

Well IF doesnt use PIREP reports for they’re weather.